Chesley Lecture on AgingPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/continuinged/chesleylecture.html
MN2030 Looking Forward: Reimagine the Future of Aging
This program is designed for all disciplines working with patients and family facing end of life challenges. Included would be doctors, nursing, social work, home health aides, chaplains, volunteers, psychologists, and nursing home administrators.
Continuing Education Credits are available for multiple disciplines including, nursing, social work, chaplains, morticians, nursing home administration, speech therapy, therapeutic recreation, and psychology. If you would like to request CE’s for your discipline please contact email@example.com
Date & Time:
Thursday, May 3, 2018
11:30 AM to 2:00 PM
Vine Faith in Action
421 E. Hickory Street, Mankato, MN 56001
- REGISTRATION: March 19 - April 27, 2018
- Cost: $15 for all registrants - if registered by April 27, 2018 at midnight.
- $20 at the door. Registration opens at 11:00 AM.
- Lunch is provided with pre-registration.
- No refunds five days prior to workshop date.
Kari Benson, Executive Director of the Minnesota Board on Aging
Ms. Benson will provide a 45-minute lecture with a 15-minute follow-up at a luncheon event that is open to attendance from the community, geriatric professionals, students, faculty, and administrators. Ms. Benson will address the policy development process and outcomes for the new Minnesota plan for aging, MN 2030.
After this session you will:
- Understand the components of the Minnesota Board on Aging (MBA) and the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) strategic plan, MN2030 Looking Forward.
- Understand how the MBA and DHS are partnering with stakeholders to prioritize strategies to help older Minnesotans age well.
- Learn the results from community conversations in 2017 and 18.
- Learn how you can be a part of addressing ageism and preparing for 2030.
Questions: If you have questions about the training or how to register, contact Continuing & Professional Education at 507-389-1094, or 1-800-311-3142, or firstname.lastname@example.org