The 2014-2015 Enter University (EU) program at Minnesota State University is made possible by a grant from the Minnesota Office of Higher Education. The goal of the program is to prepare underrepresented high school students (low income, first generation, and/or students of color) for college. The college readiness components that EU focuses on are:
- ACT Engage – this assessment instrument is given to students first to help evaluate their college readiness. Information from the assessment will be shared with high school faculty and staff.
- MSU EU survey – completion of this survey enrolls your students in the program and allows us to capture important data for the MN OHE
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - the program addresses how to apply, when to apply, and documentation needed.
- Admission processes for college or university - we review application steps, required grades, GPA, and ACT/SAT scores.
- The ACT examination - the program provides study tips and resources that students can access on line. We also register students for the ACT exam during the college visit day and pay the application fee for each student.
Amy Mukamuri, Coordinator, EU
Minnesota State University, Mankato