Submitting a ComplaintPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/eotitleix/complaint.html
NOTICE: The Office of Equal Opportunity & Title IX staff are operating remotely. Our physical office located in 014 Morris Hall is closed until further notice. Staff will respond to calls and emails as soon as we are able. Thank you for your patience during this time.
Investigating complaints of discrimination, discriminatory harassment, and sexual violence such as stalking, dating/relationship violence or sexual assault
The Office of Equal Opportunity & Title IX is responsible for assisting faculty, staff, and students who believe they have been harassed or discriminated against because they are a member of a protected class. The Office is charged with investigating complaints under Minnesota State’s 1B.1 Equal Opportunity and Nondiscrimination Policy and 1B.1.1 Procedure, 1B.3 Sexual Violence Policy and 1B.3.1 Procedure as well as all Title IX sex discrimination complaints. The Office also provides assistance to Minnesota State Mankato administrators in their role as decisionmakers and communicators of the results of internal investigations.
- Minnesota State Policy: 1B.1 Equal Oppurtunity and Nondiscrimination in Employment and Education
- Minnesota State Procedure: 1B.1.1 Report/Complaint of Discrimination/Harassment Investigation and Resolution
- MSU, Mankato Form: 1B.1/1B.3 Complaint Form
- MSU Online Form: Confidential Report Form for Sexual Misconduct, Dating/Relationship Violence, and Stalking
- Minnesota State Policy: 1B.3 Sexual Violence Policy
- Minnesota State Procedure: 1B.3.1 Response to Sexual Violence and Title IX Sexual Harassment
- Minnesota State Policy: 1B.2 Affirmative Action in Employment
- Federal Law: Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
- 1B.1 Complaint Process Flowchart
- 1B.3 Complaint Process Flowchart
Additional University Policies:
***These policies are separate from the 1B.1 Nondiscrimination and 1B.3 Sexual Violence Policies.
MSU, Mankato's Statement of Student Responsibilities***: The Office of Student Conduct is the designated unit to investigate general complaints/reports involving students that do not fall under the 1B.1 and/or 1B.3 Policies.