What We DoPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/eotitleix/responsibilities.html
Investigate complaints of discrimination, harassment and/or sexual violence
The Office of Equal Opportunity & Title IX is responsible for providing services to faculty, staff, and students who believe they have been harassed or discriminated against because they are a member of a protected class. We are responsible for investigating allegations of discrimination, harassment, sexual violence and/or Title IX sex discrimination. The policies and procedural guidance in which these allegations are investigated are Minnesota State’s 1B.1 Equal Opportunity and Nondiscrimination Policy and 1B.1.1 Procedure; 1B.3 Sexual Violence Policy and 1B.3.1 Procedure. The Office also provides assistance to Minnesota State Mankato administrators in their role as decisionmakers and communicators of the results of internal investigations.
- Minnesota State Policy: 1B.1 Equal Opportunity and Nondiscrimination in Employment and Education
- Minnesota State Procedure: 1B.1.1 Report/Complaint of Discrimination/Harassment Investigation and Resolution
- MSU Form: 1B.1/1B.3 Complaint Form
- MSU Online Form: Confidential Report Form for Sexual Misconduct, Dating/Relationship Violence, and Stalking
- Minnesota State Policy: 1B.3 Sexual Violence Policy
- Minnesota State Procedure: 1B.3.1 Response to Sexual Violence
- Federal Law: Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
- 1B.1 Process Flow Chart
- 1B.3 Process Flow Chart
***These policies are separate from the 1B.1 Nondiscrimination and 1B.3 Sexual Violence Policies.
MSU, Mankato's Statement of Student Responsibilities Policy***: Please contact the Office of Student Conduct if you have concerns related to the SSR Policy as that is the designated unit to investigate general complaints/reports involving students that do not fall under the 1B.1 and/or 1B.3 Policies.
Monitor the recruitment and employment process
The Office of Equal Opportunity & Title IX is responsible for monitoring the recruitment and employment process for faculty, administrative staff, adjunct faculty and graduate assistants to ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations, as well as compliance with the Minnesota State University, Mankato mission and strategic plan regarding diversity and affirmative action.
MSU Handbook for Managing Searches for Faculty, Administrative Staff, Adjunct, and Graduate Assistants. This link contains useful information on the processes for conducting searches, compliance with state and federal laws, and MSU standard forms.
- Search Process Checklist - a step-by-step summary of the search process.
- Minnesota State Policy: 1B.2 Affirmative Action in Employment
- Search Process - Frequently Asked Questions
Develop and Monitor MSU Mankato's Affirmative Action Plan
The Office of Equal Opportunity & Title IX is responsible for developing and monitoring the University's Affirmative Action Plan to ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations, as well as compliance with the Minnesota State University, Mankato mission and strategic plan regarding diversity and affirmative action.