Career DevelopmentPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/family/resources/career.html
The CDC provides a centralized comprehensive set of services adn resouces for students and Alumni. Visit the Career Development Center website for specific information not found here.
Highlighted for Families:
- Part-Time Jobs—
- mavjobs.com provides access to part-time employment opportunities both on and off campus. All student have access to Mavjobs and receive information via email about 2 weeks after registering for clsses for teh first time.
- Other off-campus job search tools:
Minnesota's Job Bank
Mankato Free Press Classifieds
More Mankato Area Job Postings
- Note: Student Financial Services coordinates work-study assignments based on FAFSA results. Many students would like to work on-campus but there are a limited number of positions available. Students should start looking for part-time jobs early and keep applying for positions throughout the year. Students can visit any specific department they are interested in to find out about job opportunities.
- Exploring Careers—Resources to assist with thinking about career path and job opportunities.
- Choosing a Major—Resources available for assisting students with choosing a major
- Career Counseling—Students make career counseling appointments for: Mavjobs, Career Possibilities, Choosing or Changing Major and/or Career Path, Internships, Job Search, Graduate School, Resume/Cover Letter Review, Practice Interview/Interview Prep, Other Career-related Issues
- Job Fairs and Campus Career Events—The Career Development website lists upcoming fairs and recruiting events.
- Mavjobs.com—Minnesota State Mankato's online recruiting system lists more than just part-time jobs. This site allows students, alumni and employers the ability to post, search and apply for jobs online, upload and review resumes, schedule interviews, and research organizations, salaries, and careers.
- Job Search Handbook
- Handbook for Students Choosing or Changing Their Major