Student HealthPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/family/resources/health.html
Affordable and convenient health care services are available on campus to Minnesota State University, Mankato students. Our hope is that you share the following information with students so we can continue to enhance their experience at our institution and support their academic success.
Minnesota State Mankato Student Health Services provides:
- on-site physicians and nurse practitioners every day the University is open and classes are in session
- outpatient medical diagnosis and treatment of general medical conditions, minor emergencies, acute illness and injury
- management of chronic illnesses including depression, anxiety, high blood pressure, etc.
- convenient scheduled appointments with same-day appointments usually available
- an onsite pharmacy that provides over-the-counter and prescription medication
- an onsite laboratory able to provide simple and complex laboratory tests
- immunizations and allergy shots
- female annual exams including birth control options with evening appointments available
- sports physicals, pre-employment physicals, and physical exams required for admission into academic programs
- quality assurance—Health Services is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC)
- health education and prevention outreach initiatives
When a student is ill, Student Health Services supports meaningful conversation between the faculty and student. These conversations provide an excellent communication skill-building opportunity for students and help identify how they can fulfill their academic responsibilities while working around an illness. We encourage appropriate use of health care resources and do not routinely provide excuses for students who miss class due to illness.
As a reminder: Patient care is confidential. If there is something specific your student would like Student Health Services to discuss with you as their family member, a release of information form is required.
Student Health Services is located in the lower level of Carkoski Commons, directly below the Carkoski Dining Facility. For more information about the services provided, please call 507-389-6276 or visit our website at: www.mnsu.edu/shs.