Returning Students

Returning to the University After Transferring or Stopping Out

Welcome back! We want to support you and your pursuit of your educational goals. Whether you’ve been away a short time or many years, the following steps will make your return smoother. Start by locating your Star ID and Star ID password. You will need these to access essential university services.

1. Has any of your information changed?

  • Has your address changed? If so, log in to eServices and choose Account Management, Name and Address Info and update it here.
  • Has your name or marital status changed? If so, complete the Personal Data Change Form and return it to our office through Maverick OneStop.
  • If you are having trouble logging in to register or completing an address or name change, please contact the Office of Registration and Academic Records. 
  • Have you completed college credits anywhere else since last attending Minnesota State Mankato? Contact the Office of Registration and Academic Records to let us know that you have credits to be transferred. If you attended a school outside of the Minnesota State system we will need you to request an official transcript from that institution.

Contact the Office of Registration and Academic Records

2. Meet with an academic advisor to make a plan for registration

  • Do you know your intended major? If so, please select the college advising office for your major and connect with them.
  • If you do not know your major, or are unsure about next steps, please reach out to University Advising via OneStop or phone at 507-389-1650. 

3. If you are planning to use financial aid, make sure to submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have it sent to our campus (school code: 002360)

Start with the FAFSA

Returning Student Checklist

There are lots of resources available on our campus to help support you in returning to Minnesota State Mankato! Click below for a more detailed checklist of information you may need.

Returning Student Checklist

Returning International Students

If you require a visa to be in the United States and study at the University, please also review the instructions below for our returning international students.

Returning International Students