IPESL Call for ProposalPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/grants/ipesl/call.html
Grant opportunity to improve students' critical thinking in one or more of the following areas:
- new instructional or curriculum materials (development, implementation, and assessment)
- new support mechanisms (development, implementation, and assessment)
- new assessments of critical thinking (development and implementation)
The minimum individual faculty grant amount is $5,500. Amount may increase depending on number of accepted applications.
The IPESL Steering Committee announces an opportunity for MSU full-time faculty members who will be returning for the 2007-2008 academic year. A total of $210,000 is available for individual faculty grants for the period of December 19, 2006 through August 31, 2007.
Requirements for IPESL Grants
- Applicants must be full-time MSU faculty who will return for the 2007-2008 academic year (fixed-term faculty are not eligible to apply).
- Award is NOT for payment for work already completed but rather work that takes place after the award is received.
- A faculty member may be involved in only one IPESL proposal.
- More than one faculty member, each eligible for $5,500, may be involved in a proposal if the scope of the project warrants.
- A faculty member may apply and receive both a CETL course redesign mini-grant and an IPESL grant as long as the projects are distinct (e.g., different courses, projects, ideas, plans).
- Deadline to apply is noon, November 27, 2006 to Stewart Ross, MH 267. Successful applicants will be notified no later than December 15, 2006.
- All projects must be completed and a summative report filed with Stewart Ross, IPESL Project Manager, MH 267, no later than August 31, 2007.
- All grant winners will be assigned to an IPESL Learning Community. Each Learning Community will meet as a group for 4-5 sessions during Spring Semester 2007. Participants will also attend course (re)design and critical thinking workshops during the semester.
- All grant winners integrating critical thinking in coursework/curriculum are required to administer and score a common assessment twice during the spring, 2007 semester (between weeks 1-3 and 14-16). Assessment explanation and training will be provided through your IPESL Learning Community.
- The applicants must explain how they will present their work in an appropriate public forum.
Criteria for Awarding Grants
- Grant proposal forms must be completed and submitted no later than noon, November 27, 2006 to Stewart Ross, IPESL Project Manager, MH 267. No applications will be accepted after this date and time.
- The IPESL Steering Committee will select proposals for awards. See rubrics attached for awarding grants. Steering Committee members are John Banschbach, Candace Black, Brandon Cooke, Dan Cronn-Mills, and James Rife.
- The awarding of grants will be based on the strength of each proposal and will not be tied to the number of IPESL grants from any college or department.