Competition RulesPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/homecoming/court/competition/rules.html
Registration is DUE September 21 at 4pm!
Overall Point System for the 2017 Homecoming Competition
Dodgeball Tournament - (Max 90 Points)
Each team will receive for entering a team of six people. Only one dodgeball team will be allowed to participate per competition team or non-competition team.
New for 2017: For the first-round teams will choose one player from their team as a “Grenade.” You may change your “Grenade” at the end of each game. As soon as the “Grenade” is hit that team loses and the game is over. The top two finishing teams (how far they got in the bracket) will receive points.
- First Place: 50 points
- Second Place: 25 Points
Soccer/FootballTournament - (Max 100 Points)
Each team will receive points for entering a team of six people. Only one soccer team will be allowed to participate per competition team excluding residence communities who may have more than one team. Points will be given to the top two finishers in each division. There will be limited spots for team teams allowed in competition. First come, first serve.
First Place - 50 Points
Second Place - 24 Points
1. Each team will have 6 people including goal keeper
2. It will be decided on October 1 who is going for finals
3. Rolling substitution is allowed and there will be no offside
4. Single elimination tournament with random seeding
5. Each game will last 20 minutes with stoppage time
§ 20 minutes halves with 5-minute break
Cram a Van - (Max 250 Points)
This is homecoming’s opportunity to give back to the Mankato community. Each team will receive points for the weight of their non-perishable food items donated one lbs. is equal to one point, . There will be extra points awarded for the two teams with the most points.
- First Place - 75 Points
- Second Place - 50 points
Maverick Pride Day - (Max 70 Points)
Each team will receive for entering up to 3 pictures with up to 5 people per picture. Pictures must be taken at the designated photo booth at Mav Ave. Some props will be provided nevertheless team are encouraged to bring their own. Teams are expected to dress up in their best maverick gear and take a picture at the photo booth. Teams are encouraged to take more photos with other teammates and students to participate not for points. Points will be given to the top three pictures demonstrating maverick pride in each division.
- First Place - 30 Points
- Second Place - 20 points
- Third Place - 15 Points
Food Eating Contest - (Max 85 Points)
Each team that enters will receive for each participant (max two participants). Points will be awarded to the top three finishers:
Rules: There will be four rounds consisting of three heats, one for each division. Two winners from each division will compete in final round. Contestants must remain seated at all times. They cannot use their hands or any other tools. Each plate must be completely eaten. One judge will determine the winner of each round. Two judges will monitor for interactions.
Judges decisions are final.
- First Place - 25 Points
- Second Place - 15 points
- Third Place - 10 Points
Parade - (Max 200 Points)
The Parade is Wednesday, OCtober 7 at 12 noonThe parade is Lineup starts at 10 a.m. Look for signs and future information about the parade. Teams that enter a float or parade unit will earn for participation.
As stated above, each team will earn for entering a float, car, or marching/walking unit. Teams can earn additional points based the following:
- Correlation to Hoemcoming Theme - 30 Points
- Originiality and Creativity - 20 Points
- Quality of Work - 50 Points
Additional Points will be given to the top three floats:
- First Place - 100 Points
- Second Place - 75 points
- Third Place - 50 Points
Lip Sync Contest (Max 200 Points)
Each team will earn 100 points for participating in this event.
Additional points will be given to the top three teams:
- First Place 100 points
- Second Place 75 points
- Third Place 50 points
The contest will be judged on:
- Overall performance 15%
- Originality 15%
- Choreography 10%
- Teamwork 10%
- Someone lip syncing at all times 15%
- Correlation to the homecoming theme 20%
(includes costume and props)
- Knowledge of song lyrics 15%
- All routines must be performed on the space provided in Bresnan Arena.
- Each team will be assigned a song. The rest of the music will be chosen by each team at the informational meeting. Teams will come with a list of 10 additional songs, and in an organized manner, teams will get to choose their songs. You can only use the music that your team has selected. The teams will end up with five (5) songs, every song must be used during the performance.
- By Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 5 p.m., you must come in to the Student Activities Office, CSU 173, and show your music for approval, as well as explain the routine.
- Each routine must be between four (4) minutes and eight (8) minutes long.
- No obscene actions are permitted.
- No alcohol, drug, or sexual connotations are allowed.
- At all times, someone from your team must be lip syncing to the music or points will be deducted.
- All items must be removed from the performance area following the performance. Items left on the stage will result in a point reduction.
- Must sign a waiver in order to participate
Homecoming Royalty Points (Max 320 points)
Royalty Candidate Sponsorship
All Royalty applicants will need to submit an application. A group of judges will narrow down the applicants to a minimum of 10 candidates regardless of gender. Candidates must be sponsored by a competition team.
· Teams will receive 50 points for submitting two candidates
· Teams will receive 75 for each candidate that is chosen for the homecoming court (max 2 candidates).
- Each team may enter only two (2) candidates gender doesn’t matter.