Homecoming CoronationPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/homecoming/court/royalty/
Coronation will be held Thursday, September, 2018 after the Lip Sync competition. The 2018 Homecoming Royalty will be selected by student voting, an interview, Royalty Fued, and attending the Football game on Saturday.
Past Homecoming Royalty
Royalty Candidate Sponsorship
All Royalty applicants will need to submit an application. A group of judges will narrow down the applicants to a minimum of 10 candidates regardless of gender. Candidates must be sponsored by a competition team.
· Teams will receive 50 points for submitting two candidates
· Teams will receive 75 for each candidate that is chosen for the homecoming court (max 2 candidates).
- Each team may enter only two (2) candidates gender doesn’t matter.
· A team will receive 70 points (additional) if one or both are crowned as Homecoming Royalty.
Homecoming Court Selection
Homecoming court will be chosen based on the following (each a 10 point scale):
- Demonstrated leadership on campus
- Demonstrated involvement in campus activities
- Academic excellence
- Ability to represent Minnesota State University, Mankato with a positive image
Homecoming Royalty Selection
Homecoming Royalty will be chosen based on the following
· 10% Attendance at Maverick Pride Day
· 15% Attending Royalty Feud
· 40% Candidate Interview
· 35% Percentage of Royalty Voting
Homecoming Royalty Requirements
- Candidates must have completed a minimum of 30 credits at Minnesota State University, Mankato.
- Candidates must have at least a 3.00 cumulative GPA and be in good standing with the University.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in at least six (6) credit hours at Minnesota State University, Mankato.
- All candidates must fully complete the Royalty Application and turn it in by Tuesday, September 18, 2018.
- To verify the candidate’s GPA with the Registrar’s office, all candidates must sign the grade release form attached to the Homecoming packet and turn it in with the royalty application.
- All Royalty Court members must attend an informational meeting on Friday, September 21, 2018. If a candidate cannot attend this meeting, the Homecoming Chair or the Student Events Team advisor must excuse them in advance. This meeting will cover the duties of the Homecoming Royalty along with taking the candidates photos.
- All Royalty Court candidates must attend Royalty Fued on Thursday, September 27 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the CSU mall.
Rules for Royalty Campaigns
- Materials may be hung from September 21 to September 29 at 11:59 a.m.
- All printed materials must be taken down by Saturday, September 29, 2018 at NOON. Failure to meet this requirement may result in disqualification.
- No chalking of the buildings is allowed. To sidewalk chalk you must confirm with the scheduling office located in 220 Centennial Student Union.
- Defacing, covering, or taking down other candidates’ posters/flyers will result in disqualification.
- Posters/flyers hung in academic buildings or residence halls must follow guidelines set by Building Services. Please read the Residence Hall posting policy in the next section before hanging flyers in the halls. Candidates will be disqualified for hanging materials in improper spaces.
- The exchange of a vote toward any specific candidate for any good, material, or service is prohibited. Bribery will not be tolerated.
- The Student Events Team and Homecoming Committee will not be held responsible for any of the rules (as stated by Building Services, Residence Halls, and the CSU) that are violated by any team participating in Homecoming.
- Any costs related to damages are the sole responsibility of the sponsoring team.
Rules for hanging materials in the CSU
- Posters may be hung in the restrooms.
- Building signs must remain completely untouched.
- Artwork and gallery spaces are not to be used.
- Campaign materials must not interfere with building traffic.
- Posters cannot be hung on the doors
- Only Blue Painters Tape can be used to hang materials.