Faculty Course ProposalPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/honors/facultycourseproposal.html
Honors faculty members are selected for their excellent reputation as scholars, teachers, and mentors. They enjoy creating innovative educational experiences and are dedicated to student success in and out of the classroom.
Probationary and tenure-track faculty are invited to submit course proposals through our annual process. Fixed-term and adjunct faculty may submit course proposals after an invitation from the Honors Council and Director.
The Honors Program seeks both general education and advanced seminar courses that develop leadership, research, and global citizenship competencies.
All honors course proposals will be submitted via the CDS system. Please review the instructions document below to learn more about how to submit a proposal for consideration and see samples of course syllabi. With questions or to schedule an appointment with the Director, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 507-389-5191.
- Instructions for Submitting Course Proposals
- Sample Syllabus of Honors 401 Seminar
- Sample Syllabus from Honors Gen Ed Class
The deadlines for submitting a proposal (now accepting course proposals to be included in the Honors Program offerings during 2018-2019) are as follows:
- Friday, January 20, 2017 Course Proposals due through CDS
- Friday, February 3, 2017 Deadline for Dept Chair and Dean review/approval via CDS
- February 6-17, 2017 Honors Program Council Review of Proposals
- February 24, 2017 Recommendations for courses to be included by the Honors Program Council.