Honors CouncilPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/honors/facultystaff/council.html
Through the Honors Council, faculty and staff contribute to the development of the Honors Program while advocating for academic excellence throughout campus. The Honors Council is co-chaired by the Honors Program Director and the Dean of Graduate Studies and Research. It meets once per month during the academic year.
The Honors Council supports academic excellence in leadership, research, and global citizenship throughout the campus. The Council will:
- Work with the Dean to hire and evaluate the Honors Director
- Support Honors Program faculty and students.
- Assist with recruiting, admissions, and orientation.
- Review and select Honors course and seminar proposals, and present their recommendations to the Curriculum and Academic Policy Committee.
- Maintain, develop, and assess the Honors Curriculum.
- Assess Honors courses and student portfolio demonstrations.
- Conduct program evaluation.
Honors Council Members and Terms
- Steven Arriaza, Honors Program Junior Class Representative (2016-2017)
- Jerel Benton, Institutional Diversity (2016-2017)
- Heather Camp, College of Arts & Humanities FA Representative (2015-2018)
- Jill Cooley, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences FA Representative (2016-2019)
- Mikyla Denney, Honors Program Senior Class Representative (2016-2017)
- Anne Dahlman, Honors Program Director, Honors Program Council Co-Chair
- Hans-Peter De Ruiter, College of Allied Health & Nursing FA Representative (2014-2017)
- Steven Gilbert, Counseling Center (2014-2017)
- Katelynn Malecha, President, Honors Student Council (2016-2017)
- Liesel Theusch, Honors Program Sophomore Class Representative (2016-2017)
- TBA, MSUAASF Representative (2014-2016)
- Nadja Kramer, The Department of World Languages and Cultures Representative (2016-2017)
- Carolyn Nelson, Office of Admissions Representative (2016-2017)
- Kelsey Nation, Residential Life Representative (2016-2017)
- Leah Roue, College of Science, Engineering and Technology FA Representative (2015-2018)
- Teresa Kruizenga, College of Education FA Representative (2016-2019)
- Oksana Kim, College of Business FA Representative (2014-2017)
- TBA, FA UCAP Representative, (2016-2017)
- Ginny Walters, Honors Program Assistant Director
- Barry Ries, Dean of Graduate Studies and Research, Honors Program Council Co-Chair
- Jason Westman, ASF Representative, (2016-2017)