Honors CouncilPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/honors/facultystaff/council.html
Through the Honors Council, faculty and staff contribute to the development of the Honors Program while advocating for academic excellence throughout campus. The Honors Council is co-chaired by the Honors Program Director and the Dean of Graduate Studies and Research. It meets once per month during the academic year.
The Honors Council supports academic excellence in leadership, research, and global citizenship throughout the campus. The Council will:
- Work with the Dean to hire and evaluate the Honors Director
- Support Honors Program faculty and students.
- Assist with recruiting, admissions, and orientation.
- Review and select Honors course and seminar proposals, and present their recommendations to the Curriculum and Academic Policy Committee.
- Maintain, develop, and assess the Honors Curriculum.
- Assess Honors courses and student portfolio demonstrations.
- Conduct program evaluation.
Honors Council Members and Terms
- Bobbi Urban, MSUAASF Representative (2014-2016)
- Anne Dahlman, Honors Program Director, Co-Chair (2015-2018)
- Megan Mahowald, College of Allied Health & Nursing FA Representative (2015-2016, sabbatical replacement for Hans- Peter De Ruiter, 2014-2017)
- Austin Rau, Senior Class Representative (2015-2016)
- Leah Roue, College of Science, Engineering and Technology FA Representative (2015-2016)
- Steven Gilbert, Counseling Center (2014-2017)
- Alexa Turgeon, President, Honors Student Council (2015-2016)
- Deborah Jesseman, College of Education FA Representative (2013-2016)
- Oksana Kim, College of Business FA Representative (2014-2017)
- Nadja Kramer, The Department of World Languages and Cultures Representative (2015- 2016)
- Karla Lassonde, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences FA Representative (2013-2016)
- Kellie Wong, Sophomore Class Representative (2015-2016)
- Carolyn Nelson, Office of Admissions Representative (2015-2016)
- Heather Camp, College of Arts & Humanities FA Representative (2015-2018)
- Stephanie Peterson, Junior Class Representative (2015-2016)
- Barry Ries, Dean of Graduate Studies and Research, Co-Chair
- Jennifer Turner, FA UCAP Representative, (2015-2016)
- Ginny Walters, Honors Program Assistant Director
- Kelsey Nation, Residential Life Representative (2016-2017)