Glossary of HR TermsPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/hr/glossary/index.php?id=d
Terms beginning with the letter(s):
- D2L - Desire 2 Learn
- Software used to facilitate online learning for both students and employees.
- DDIR - Designated Department Insurance Representative
- The person on each campus who has been designated to be the liaison with MMB regarding insurance questions or concerns, and is familiar with the State insurance plans available to employees.
- DOFER - Now known as Minnesota Management & Budget (MMB)
- The central personnel agency for the State of Minnesota. MMB's authorities and responsibilities are outlined in Minnesota Statutes 43A, and include recruitment, selection, compensation, insurance administration and negotiation of bargaining agreements.
- DOF - Now known as Minnesota Management & Budget (MMB)
- The central finance agency for the State of Minnesota with responsibilities for payroll and accounting.
- The designation of a particular unit within a college or division. In reference to colleges, the College of Business includes the Management Department.
- Representation of multiple (ideally all) groups within a prescribed environment, such as a university or a workplace. This word most commonly refers to differences between cultural groups, although it is also used to describe differences within cultural groups. An emphasis on accepting and respecting cultural differences by recognizing that no one culture is intrinsically superior to another underlies the current usage of the term.
- A designation of specified units that define the make up of the University. Minnesota State Mankato has eight divisions: Strategic Business Education and Regional Partnerships; Institutional Diversity, Finance and Administration, Student Affairs, Academic Affairs, University Advancement, Information Technology and the President.