Glossary of HR TermsPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/hr/glossary/index.php?id=ef
Terms beginning with the letter(s):
- Early Retirement Incentive
- Benefit given to IFO members who have served fifteen years in the MN State Universities; are at least 55 years of age; and have met the notification deadline. They shall have their salary placement increased by two additional steps in the final two semesters of employment.
- Early Separation Incentive
- Benefit given to IFO members who have served at least fifteen years in the MN State Universities; are at least 55 years of age; and have met the notification deadline. They shall receive compensation equal to his/her base salary minus 10 percent of his/her base salary for each year beyond age 55.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- EAP is designed to assist in identification and resolution of personal, family, and work site problems faced by state employees. This service is offered to state employees and their immediate family members free of charge so employees and their families can get help when they need to, easily and confidentially.
- Emergency Employee
- An individual is appointed, without a selection process, for no more than 45 aggregate work days in any 12 month period for any single appointing authority.
- Employee Self Service
- A Minnesota Management & Budget (MMB) web site that allows state employees to view, and if appropriate, update or change personal information including pay stubs, W-4, direct deposit, deductions, leave balances, saving plan, etc. The DOF continually updates and adds services for employees of the State of Minnesota.
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- A policy statement that equal consideration for a job is applicable to all individuals and that the employer does not discriminate based on race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or sexual orientation. In addition, discrimination in employment based on membership or activity in a local commission as defined by law is prohibited.
- Exempt Employee
- Employees who meet one of the FLSA exemption tests and who are paid on a fixed salary basis and are not normally entitled to overtime.
- Expanded Cabinet
- Includes: President's Leadership Team, Assistant, Associate Vice Presidents, Deans and some Directors.
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Federal law that covers public agencies and business engaged in interstate commerce or providing goods and services for commerce. It provides guidelines on employment status, child labor, minimum wage, overtime pay and record-keeping requirements.
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Provides by law eligible employees up to 12 workweeks of unpaid, job-protected leave per year for the birth, adoption, foster care of a child, or care of a spouse, parent or child with a serious health condition, or employee's own serious health condition.
- Floating Holiday
- A paid holiday from work taken at a time chosen by the employee and approved by the supervisor. See applicable collective bargaining contracts or personnel plans.
- FTE - Full Time Equivalency
- The percentage of a full-time annual work load.