Glossary of HR TermsPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/hr/glossary/index.php?id=gh
Terms beginning with the letter(s):
- A formal complaint or allegation by an employee or group or employees of a violation of a specific provision within a collective bargaining agreement.
- HIPPA - Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- Federal law enacted to make health insurance more "portable" from one employer to another. The law mandates procedures for both new hires and for existing employees who are leaving the company. The law includes provisions regarding restrictions on preexisting conditions, special enrollment rights and privacy rights and protections.
- Intentional behavior, whether physical or verbal by one employee toward an AFSCME-Council 5 bargaining unit member which has the purpose of interfering with the bargaining unit member's work performance or creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive environment constitutes a violation of state university policy.
- Health Care Savings Plan (HCSP)
- A medical expense savings plan administered by the Minnesota State Retirement System (MSRS).
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- IRS-sanctioned arrangements that allow an employer to reimburse medical expenses paid by participating employees. HRAs reimburse only those items (copays, coinsurance, deductibles and services) agreed to by the employer which are not covered by the employer's selected standard insurance plan.