Glossary of HR TermsPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/hr/glossary/index.php?id=tuv
Terms beginning with the letter(s):
- TRA - Teacher's Retirement Association
- The defined benefit retirement plan which is a choice for those employees in the unclassified service.
- Temporary Employee
- A classified appointment of limited duration, under M.S. 43A. 15, Subd.3.A. A temporary classified employee's term of employment may not exceed a total of 12 months in any 24-month period with the same agency. Temporary classified employees typically are not eligible for benefits. Refer to the applicable bargaining agreement or personnel plan for specific provisions.
- Created to protect the academic freedom of faculty members and provides that the employee cannot be dismissed for reasons unrelated to performance. Thus, they can freely pursue their research and teaching interests.
- TIAA - Teachers Insurance & Annuity Association - College Retirement Equities Fund
- The administrative services agent charged with the administration of the Individual Retirement Account Plan (IRAP), the Supplemental Retirement Account Plan (SRP), and the 403B tax sheltered annuity plan for MnSCU.
- Unclassified Service
- Defined by Minnesota Statute 43A.08 and refers to any position NOT included in Classified Service, such as Administrators, Faculty, and MSUAASF positions.
- Unlimited (employment condition)
- An employee whose appointment has no definite end date or specified maximum duration.
- FEDERAL DEFINITION: under Federal Law a VETERAN is any person, who served honorably on active duty in the armed forces of the United States.