International Faculty H-1B Visa Assistance
The following links are to assist international faculty and professional staff as well as those Minnesota State Mankato hiring departments on the visa processing of the H-1B temporary worker petition. The Minnesota State Mankato Office of Human Resources submits the appropriate immigration forms and documentation necessary on behalf of international faculty/professional staff and the hiring department – which allows the international faculty/professional staff to legally work at Minnesota State Mankato. In addition there is information on filing employment-based permanent resident (PR) petitions through an immigration attorney.
The following documents are in *PDF format and can be accessed using Acrobat Reader. If you have difficulty accessing a document try downloading the NEW version of Acrobat Reader at http://www.adobe.com
Minnesota State Mankato Guides
- H-1B Assistance (pdf)
- H-1B approval - Explanation of Status (pdf)
- Immigration Attorney Documentation(pdf)
- Update & Reminders Regarding International Faculty/Staff Visa Processing
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (Website)
- US Labor Department Unveils New Tool to Help Employees Understand Foreign Worker Certification (Article)
- H-1B Advisor Tool - Describes program standards and provides detailed information about employers' and workers' rights and responsibilities.
- US Department of Labor Foreign Labor Certification (Website)
- Immigration Forms - US Citizenship & Immigration Services