AdmissionPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/international/newstudents/
How to Apply
Application information for both graduate(Master’s or Doctoral) programs and undergraduate(Bachelor’s) programs are available on the Prospective Student’s Page
Admissions inquiries at Minnesota State Mankato are handled by several different offices based upon the type of enrollment in which you are interested. To obtain contact information for the appropriate office, please select one of the two links below based on the statement that best describes you:
- If you are seeking a bachelor's degree and wish to enroll as an international student, contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- If you have (or will have) have a bachelor's degree and wish to enroll in graduate school, please visit the College of Graduate Studies and Research.
Thank you for your interest in Minnesota State Mankato!
Deferring Your Admission - Undergraduates(Students seeking a Bachelor’s Degree)
You will NOT be required to pay the application fee again. To formally defer your admission, at minimum, you must submit the following:
- A new International Application form
- A new bank statement that is no more than 3 months old from the application date
Please note that additional documents may be requested by the Office of Admissions after review of your deferred application. Deferred application documents may be sent by the following methods: Email: Please scan documents by email to INTLADMT@mnsu.edu OR
By Postal Mail: Minnesota State University, Mankato Undergraduate Admissions Attn: INTL Admission 122 Taylor Center Mankato, MN 56001 USA Upon your approved admission deferral, the Admissions Office will notify you of your acceptance. You will then need to request a new I-20 for the new semester so that you can use this information to obtain a visa.
Deferring Your Admission - Graduates(Students seeking a Master’s or Doctoral Degree)
You should contact the College of Graduate Studies and Research to determine the deferral requirements for your program. You may need to provide updated application documents including a new updated financial statement that is not more than 3 months old from the new application date.
College of Graduate Studies and Research Contact Information: Office:Minnesota State University, Mankato College of Graduate Studies and Research 115 Alumni Foundation Center Mankato, MN 56001 USA Phone:507-389-2321 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon approved admission deferral, you will be issued a new letter of acceptance. You will then need to request a new I-20 for the new semester so that you can use this information to obtain a visa.
Returning to MSU
Click here for SEVIS fee information
How to get your I-20 or DS-2019
Shipping options for I-20 or DS-2019 forms are available here
Please use the following online form to ensure enrollment for the semester.
If you face difficulty in filling the above form, please use the below link to print the form, sill it and mail it to ISSS@mnsu.edu back along with your visa scanned copy.
- [PDF] Enrollment Form (8 KiB) (PDF)
- [PDF] Enrollment Form (17 KiB) (PDF fillable)
- Enrollment Form (Word Document file)
* Please make sure to fill this form to make sure the proper arrangements were done to avoid difficulties in enrollment for the classes.