Cost and Scholarship Info.Page address: https://www.mnsu.edu/international/prospectivestudent/costandscholarship.html
Bachelor's (Undergraduate) Degree Costs
The Estimated Expenses Chart shows the most current costs for attending Minnesota State University. These include University fees, tuition fees, books and supplies, room and board, personal/transportation and medical insurance for the academic year or for two semesters.
Bachelor's (Undergraduate) Scholarships
Minnesota State University is unique in that ALL international undergraduate students on an F and J visa automatically qualify for the Cultural Contribution Scholarship their first semester! This scholarship allows international students to receive reduced tuition which is about half the cost of the out of state tuition. In order to keep the scholarship after their first semester, students must meet the following criteria:
- Maintaining J-1 or F-1 Visa Status
- Maintaining a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5 for the term or 3.0 cumulative MSU, Mankato GPA
- Have a Full Academic Course Load of 12 credits for undergraduate students/6 credits for graduate students
- Complete 25 Cultural Contribution Hours each semester-these are volunteer hours that you contribute to the MSU or Mankato community.
Submitting an application and being admitted with automatically allow them to receive the scholarship.
Master's(Graduate) Degree Costs
International students are eligible for in-state tuition rates during their entire length of study at Minnesota State Mankato
- Estimated tuition and fees for the nine-month academic year: $7424.
- Nine-month room and board: $7768.
- Books, supplies, insurance and other expenses: $3500.
- Total estiamted expenses for school year(nine months):$18,692.
*The MBA, MSW, MAT, and doctoral programs currently charge a higher tuition rate to applicants in those programs must demonstrate additional financial support beyond $21,265. Estimated expenses are based on eight or more credits per semester. Current rates are available on the Student Financial Services web page.
Master's (Graduate) Degree Scholarships and Financial Assistance
Minnesota State Mankato offers a limited number of assistantships for graduate international students. Students must apply and be selected to receive an assistantship. These assistantships include a small stipend and a tuition scholarship. To see what graduate assistantships are available, please visit the Graduate Assistantship Listing. Most graduate assistantships do not cover the entire estimated cost of attendance.