We offer comprehensive services for telephones, cell phones, voicemail, and more for faculty and staff at Minnesota State University, Mankato.
Desk phones including voicemail service
- Annual Review Form (request form for cell phone or air card)
- Must be signed by employee, employee's supervisor, and authorized administrator (associate VP or above). Return to Julie Keck at ML 3010. This form will need to renewed each June.
- Cellular & Mobile Computing Devices Instructions
- Instructions on how to fill out the Annual Review Form above and imporant terms and conditions. Read before requesting.
- University cell phone policy
- Official policy on cellular and mobile computing devices from Minnesota State.
And more services, including:
- Portable Wi-Fi phones
- Conference room phones
- Classroom and hallway phones
- Services for individuals with hearing impairments
Our phones use VoIP (voice over IP) technology that utlizes the network for voice communication rather than phone wiring. They also act as an emergency broadcast system.
Configure Your Phone
Most options can be accessed directly from your phone, but to configure certain tools like call forwarding if you're off campus, setting up speed dials, and more, log into the Cisco Portal.
Log in with your StarID and StarID password. If you don't currently have permission, contact Julie Keck.
Authorized Usage Guidelines
Telephones are permitted to be used for very limited personal calls provided that there is no incremental cost for the call and must be done on personal time. Excessive use of personal calls may lead to disciplinary action.
Long distance calls are to be used for business calls only. State of Minnesota Statute strictly prohibits any and all personal long distance calls on state-owned telephones.
Training & Contact us
Need assistance with your phone? Receive training by contacting Julie Keck.
JULIE KECK, Telecommunications Coordinator
For feedback or concerns, please contact Bryan Schneider.
BRYAN SCHNEIDER, Assistant CIO & Director of Technology Services