What is Top Hat?
Minnesota State University, Mankato now has an official partnership with Top Hat Classroom. Top Hat’s interactive, cloud-based teaching platform leverages students' mobile devices to increase in-class engagement and get real-time feedback. Top Hat is a complete end-to-end teaching tool, compatible with students’ own devices.
What Does Top Hat’s Platform Do?
- Adopt/author and customize interactive course materials (including open educational resources)
- Upload your slides, add annotations and interactive questions
- Take attendance effortlessly and accurately using geo-location technology
- Launch discussions and get real-time feedback and reports
- Leverage students’ own devices for low and high stakes secure testing
- Export student grades and merge data in D2L Brightspace
Browse the links below to learn more or set up a consultation around adopting or authoring open educational materials.
Concerned about textbook affordability? So are we! Open Educational Resources (OER) are generally low or no cost, accessible, open-license documents or media that can be used for teaching and learning.