ITS Assessment Plan and Report
The Office of Information and Technology Services provides support to all parts of the University. The ITS assessment plan provides for establishing an accessible reporting process so the constituents of ITS can see trends and results of our efforts.
Current Measures (report)
Academic Computer Center
- Provide students updated and accessible computer resources on-campus.
Measure the number of students using the ACC and satellite lab facilities.
- Facilitate faculty need for computerized classroom resources on-campus.
Measure the number of classes held in the ACC.
- Provide faculty, staff, and students assistance in solving technological problems.
- Measure the number of faculty, staff, and students that receive assistance. Speed of service and resolution.
- Customers receiving assistance from the MnSCU D2L Help Desk
- Repair and maintain computer resources.
Track computer repairs.
- To assist faculty, staff and students in purchasing computer technological resources.
Track purchases, inventory levels.
- Provide administrative, faculty, and staff support in programming and data entry projects.
The number of projects, cost and labor savings, and subjective satisfaction of users.
Educational Technology Services
- Monitor, extend, and upgrade classroom multi-media presentation systems.
Track number and percentages of rooms covered; utilization.
- Provide faculty technical support and training for online education.
The number of offerings/ attendance will be tracked as well as satisfaction.
- Provide number of online education faculty accounts.
Fall 2005 - 251
- Provide number of online education courses.
Fall 2005 - 851
Spring 2005 - 818
Fall 2004 - 789
Spring 2004 - 667
Fall 2003 - 490
Spring 2003 - 301
- Provide outreach events to external constituency and professional groups.
Track number of conferences, community and workshops, and attendance and satisfaction.
- Provide available and accessible file storage and file sharing ability for faculty, staff, and students.
Calculate amount and usage of file storage; survey for interest in additional features.
- Monitor and improve the electronic communication access and use of faculty, staff, and students.
Calculate e-mail (forwards off-campus, amount of storage) and phone statistics.
- Provide an accessible and available wireless network on-campus.
Conduct site survey to map coverage and use tools to monitor usage and availability.
- Provide accessible and available printing resources on-campus.
Conduct site survey to map coverage and use and monitor student satisfaction through survey.
- Provide faculty and staff training in using computer resources (non-instructional productivity tools) on campus.
Measure the number of faculty and staff that attend and their satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain a useful and informative website for the university and its constituents.
Number of visits to website; satisfaction of visitors with site on specific criteria.