Digitizing MediaPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/its/academic/digitizingmedia.html
All requested digitized/captioned videos will be placed into your Media Manager site. Minnesota State Mankato's Media Manager enables you to share your videos in D2L while granting student access based on authenticated D2L access.
Media will remain in Media Manager where you can actively manage your media each semester. Any copyrighted materials that are digitized/captioned by Academic Technology Services (ATS) must comply with Copyright and Fair Use regulations.
Please contact the ITS Service Desk if you have questions regarding Copyright and Fair Use.
Digitizing Media Guidelines
We currently have ITS staff available to assist faculty in getting materials digitized. Guidelines to submit a request are as follows:
1. Contact the ITS Service Desk with your request. You may do this one of three ways:
- Title(s) of all purchased or faculty made videos, online clips, etc. that require digitizing
- Course name(s) and section number(s) that will be viewing the media
- Due date(s) of when you will need the media available for viewing
3. You will be contacted by someone from Academic Technology Services (ATS) to finalize details regarding your request. You will be asked to provide the media (VHS, DVD, YouTube, electronic link) to Academic Technology Services in ITS.
Note: If you are using media that is owned by the Minnesota State Mankato Library, it is possible that given the titles and/or call numbers, ATS can retrieve the requested media from the ERC.
- How long does the digitizing process take?
- It takes approximately 4 to 5 business days for digitizing requests. This depends on project load at the time of the request.
- Is there any cost to the requesting department?
- There is no cost to the requesting department for digitizing requests.