iSALT OutcomesPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/its/academic/projectoutcomes.html
Journal Articles and Book Chapters
- "Student and Faculty Perceptions of Telepresence Courses" published in EduCAUSE Review
- "Predictions of trends in higher education for river management professionals" published in The River Management Society Journal
- "Developing an early-alert system to promote student visits to tutor center" published in The Learning Assistance Review
- "Using student feedback to revise a flipped Operations Management course" published in Business Education Innovation Journal
- "Keeping it in the field: Evaluative outcomes of distance pedagogies in recreation resource management studies" accepted in Blackstock, Alan, and Nathan Straight, eds. Connected Classrooms: Interdisciplinary Approaches to Distance Teaching. Routledge Research in Education Series. New York: Routledge/Taylor & Francis.
- "Teaching Touch Sensing Technologies Using ARM Cortex-M4 Microcontrollers" submitted to Computers in Education Journal
- "Delivering the real world in distance classrooms: Evaluation framework for applied class activities and experiential learning environments" submitted to Journal of Experiential Education
- "Preparing students/pre-professionals to be competent supervisors" submitted to Journal of Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- "Using the theory of planned behavior to assess and predict faculty use of an e-Learning template" submitted to Journal of Computing in Higher Education
- Dittrich, J. & Engeswich, L. (2016, February). Evaluation of local anesthesia competencies and inter-rater reliability. Poster at STAR Symposium, MN.
- Nelson, P. (2016, February). Using flipped classroom design to facilitate communications and mental illness response module in law enforcement classes. Presentation at STAR Symposium, MN.
- Nelson, P. (2016, March). Using flipped design to facilitate communication's practical application in law enforcement. Presentation at the National Social Science Association's Technology Conference, Las Vegas, NV.
- Dass, R. (2015, April). Evaluating the Flipped Pedagogy Model in the Social and Behavioral Sciences Classroom: Can we find a better way to learn about Zombies? Presentation at the Central States Anthropological Society annual meeting, St. Paul, MN.
- Cai, Q. & Higdon, J. (2015, February). iSALT: A campus-wide support system to evaluate technology-based instructional innovations. Poster presented at the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative annual meeting, Anaheim, CA.
- Kaufman, J. & Raskin, C. (2015, February). Telepresence: Democratizing the higher education classroom. Poster presented at the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative annual meeting, Anaheim, CA.
- Cai, Q. (2015, Janurary). Synchronous social presence experiences: Student and faculty perceptions of courses delivered via TelePresence. 2015 Teaching and Learning with TelePresence Conference, Mankato, MN.
- Using differentiated feedback messages to promote student learning in an introductory statistics course. Paper accepted to the 12th International Conference of the Learning Sciences 2016.