Faculty Development and TrainingPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/its/academic/training.html
ATS is committed to assisting the Minnesota State University, Mankato faculty in finding ways to use technology to make your teaching and research activities more effective and efficient to promote student success. Whether you need self-paced learning that you can take from your computer or mobile device anytime, anywhere, or if you prefer more face-to-face, classroom-based instruction, our faculty training and development services can help you enhance your teaching and research profile. We outline some of these services below.
Faculty Tech Guide:
New to teaching at MNSU? Use our Getting Started Tech Guide for Faculty to help you access all the tools you will need for your course or your job. If you have any questions about any of the items listed in the guide, please contact the IT Solutions Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 507-389-6654.
Have students that need tech help? Give them our Getting Started Tech Guide for Students.
Come to any of our our drop-in sessions and ask questions, learn from the experts or just come and work with an expert around to assist. We have drop-ins for Academic Technology Services where you can get assistance with D2L, Instructional Design and/or Technology Tools. All Drop-in sessions are held in the Center for Excellence and Innovation. Check the training calendar for a complete list of drop-in sessions.
Self-Paced Technology Training:
This is a chance for you to learn at your own pace at your location of choice!
- Lynda.com - Self-paced online software training website that all faculty, staff and students have free access to.
- Microsoft IT Academy - Designed to lead toward certification in the MS Suite, the IT Academy is free for all students, staff, and faculty.
Faculty Development Certificates:
ATS partners with several other units including the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning and the Center for Excellence in Scholarship and Research. Below are some of our collaborative certificate programs for faculty:
- The Certificate for Excellence in Online Teaching and Learning focuses on instructors who are currently or will soon be teaching fully online courses and are interested in instructional design and teaching methods with a demonstrated record for student success.
- The Flipped Instruction Classroom Model Certificate helps faculty members interested in implementing the flipped instructional model in their courses.
- The Certificate for Excellence in Teaching and Learning for Graduate Assistants is designed for graduate students who are new to teaching or who want to brush up on the basics of good instructional design and teaching strategy.
- The Technology Tools Certificate is a hands-on series of workshops designed to give you practice with some of our Enterprise Tools for teaching and learning. Some of the tools we will use include Office 365 and OneDrive; Qualtrics; Social Media; Video Conferencing Tools; Screencasting Software; and Web 2.0 tools.
- The Game-Based Learning Certificate will introduce participants to GBL and walk them through the selection process for class materials and strategies.
- The Open Educational Resources Certificate will introduce participants to OERs and help them find potential OER materials for their own courses in an effort to help students reduce the ever-increasing costs of higher education.
To enroll in any of these certificates, please contact Mary Van Duynhoven at 507-389-5899.