Article DescriptionPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/its/knowledge/article/18398.html
Activate StarID With Personal E-mail Address
- Navigate to https://starid.minnstate.edu/ .
- After StarID activation, your credentials should be ready to use in just a few minutes. However, during times of high load at the Minnesota State System Office, it can take up to two hours or more to be available for use.
- Click StarID Activate NOw! followed by Activate my StarID
- Under Activate my StarID, click I know my Email Address.
- Enter your personal email you used to apply to MNSU with then click Continue.
- You will receive an Email from firstname.lastname@example.org on the email address that you entered with a verification code. Please go to your personal email account and open the email that you received.
- Copy the verification code.
- Navigate back to the StarID Activation Page.
- Under Active my StarID click I have a Verification Code.
- Enter your verification code in the top box and your email address or last name in the bottom box then click Continue.
- You now need to create a password for your StarID.
- To create the password associated with it enter your new password in the top box and retype to confirm the password in the bottom.
- Select your preferred email address in the drop down box.
- Click the check-box next to Terms and Conditions.
- Once all of this is done, click Continue.
- See password requirements located at the bottom of the page.
- You will now be brought to a page displaying your StarID. Make sure record it somewhere personal and remember it. Your StarID will be used to log into MavMAIL, campus wireless, campus computers, D2L, e-services etc...
- Between 8 and 128 characters long.
- Use at least 3 of these types of characters: uppercase, lowercase, numbers, special characters.
- May not have been used before.
- May not contain your first name or last name if they are longer than 2 characters.
Last modified November 5, 2018