Network setup instructions for residence hallsPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/its/restech/networksetup/
Register on the Residence Community network
Network registration is required in order to use internet in Residence Communities. These instructions will only work in the Residence Communities and must be done using your personal computer.
- Open your internet browser. Normally, it will automatically redirect to the online registration page within a few seconds. If the registration page does not open automatically, the direct URL is https://packetfence1.roch.mn.charter.com/device-registration
- Enter your StarID and StarID password and follow the instructions to complete registration.
- After registering your personal computer on the network, please bookmark the self-registration page for future access. You will need it to register other devices such as cellphones, tablets, ,Smart TV's and game consoles.
Self-registration for game consoles
Once you have registered and restarted your personal computer, you will have access to self-register your game console(s).
- Find the MAC address of the video game console you wish to self-register.
- Go to the self-registration page and follow the instructions.