Other DevicesPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/its/restech/networksetup/other_devices.html
ResTech Services Setup Guide
Instructions for Windows 10
Please follow the instructions, below to register devices including smartTVs, game consoles, streaming devices, etc. for use on the wireless network in the residence halls.
1. First, you will need the media access control (MAC) address for your device. You can find instructions to find the MAC address for many devices at link.mnsu.edu/findmacaddress.It will look something like: 00:16:E9:2C:99:3C. You can also check with your device manufacturer’s documentation for more information about finding the MAC address for your device.
2. Write down the MAC address, you’ll need it in later steps.
3. Complete the registration from a computer connected to the Reslife-secure (or Reslife-unsecure) network. You will not be able to open the registration link if you are not on the Reslife network.
4. Open a browser window and navigate to link.mnsu.edu/charter-registration to authenticate through PacketFence.
5. Please read Charter Communication’s Acceptable Use Policy and click the box next to I accept the terms.
6. Enter yourStarID and StarID password.
7. Click Login.
8. Enter your device’s MAC address. You do not need to enter any colons or dashes.
9. Click Register.
10. When your device is registered, you will see a message indicating the registration was successful.
11. If you have additional devices to register, repeat the steps above.
Need Additional Assistance?
Visit ResTech Services located in the lower level of Carkoski Commons (CC 006)
Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Sunday 11:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Call or visit the IT Solutions Center
Get help or request an appointment with ResTech Services at 507-389-6654. You can also visit the IT Solutions Center for walk-in support in the Academic Computer Center (ACC) at Wissink Hall 121.
Monday-Thursday 7:15 a.m. – Midnight
Friday 7:15 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday 1:00 p.m. – Midnight
A member of the Minnesota State system and an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity University.
This document is available in alternative format to individuals with disabilities by calling IT Solutions at 507-389-6654 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY).