ITS Service DetailPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/its/services/detail/940ea2f0745a2d935e06f7468bb58428c8a96c7097.html
Asset ManagementSecurity MNSU - Standard available
Manage the life cycle of University owned computer assets from purchase through retirement. Ensuring secure destruction of University data residing on University owned assets.
Surplus computer management: manage surplus computer assets, ensuring secure data destruction when appropriate and managing the reallocation and tracking of computer assets. Pick up of surplus computer assets when requested.
The Computer Surplus service is the official University method for securely disposing/redistributing State assets that are electronic storage devices.
Examples: computers desktops, laptops, tablets and external hard drives.
If you want to surplus or request a monitor, keyboard, mouse or other peripherals please contact University Facilities Surplus.
- Service Categories
- Inventory Control
Inventory control: inventory control and audit of University computer assets.
New computer asset management: accurately document new computer asset acquisition and distribution.
- Request for Surplus Computer
Request a computer that is currently in a surplus computer status for use by University employees.
- Surplus Computer Management
Request that a University owned computer asset be placed in surplus. Equipment pickup options are available..
- Technology Moves
Tagging, disassembling and reassembling any connecting technology hardware for administrative moves between offices and buildings.
- Inventory Control
- All Minnesota State Mankato faculty and staff are eligible to request this service.
- Service Locations
- Minnesota State University, Mankato Campus Minnesota State University at Edina
- Service Level Agreement: MNSU - Standard
- Standard Service Level Agreement:
* Normal Response Time - 1 business day
* Normal Resolution Time- 5 business days
* Important Response Time – 1 business day
* Important Resolution Time- 3 business days
* Critical Response Time – 4 hours
* Critical Resolution Time - 1 business day