ITS Service DetailPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/its/services/detail/940ea2f135886ea763d98c4378a62e1f489670b405.html
NetworkingInfrastructure MNSU - Standard available
- Service Categories
Network (non-cellular) service for devices. Service includes connection, setup, troubleshooting and securing wired (Ethernet) and wireless (Wi-Fi) network communications.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN)
Virtual Private Network (VPN): The virtual private network (VPN) allows faculty staff and students to securely access the Minnesota State Mankato campus network when you are not on campus. Allow access to MavDISK for users that are not on campus. The SSL VPN service can be accessed using either a VPN client or through your web browser. For more detailed instructions visit http://www.mnsu.edu/its/vpn/. Once you have reviewed the instructions please visit https://vpn.mnsu.edu to start using this service.
- Wired Access
Wired (Ethernet) network access is available in all University buildings, resident halls and special locations. Resident Halls, including Stadium Heights) include a network jack that is managed by Charter Communications and devices must be registered by the student before use.
- Wireless Access
Wireless (Wi-Fi) network access is available within all university buildings, outdoor grounds (except parking lots), and resident halls (including Stadium Heights). Wireless access is available to all students and employees using StarID, and guest access is available. MavGuest, MavNet, MavNet-Encrypted, Reslife-secure, Reslife-unsecure
- Students and University Employees
- Service Locations
- Minnesota State University, Mankato Campus and Minnesota State University at Edina
- Service Level Agreement: MNSU - Standard
- Standard Service Level Agreement:
* Normal Response Time - 1 business day
* Normal Resolution Time- 5 business days
* Important Response Time – 1 business day
* Important Resolution Time- 3 business days
* Critical Response Time – 4 hours
* Critical Resolution Time - 1 business day