Using Offline Files and FoldersPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/its/started/mavdisk/instructions/offline.html
- Instructions for Using Offline Files and Folders with MavDISK
- Turning on Offline Files and Folders
- Frequently Asked Questions about Offline Files and Folders
Instructions for Using Offline Files and Folders with MavDISK
To utilize offline files and folders perform the following steps:
NOTE: Offline files and folders are only available to users running Windows2000 Professional or Windows XP Professional editions.
- Map the network drive you wish to use with offline files and folders. The example used is \\MavDISK\userid$
(Click here for Windows 2000/XP or here for Windows NT 4.0 connection methods)
- Double-click My Computer from the desktop.
- Right-click on the MavDISK network drive then click Make Available Offline (NOTE: If Make Available Offline is not listed, go to the bottom or click "Turning on Offline files and folders")
- The Confirm Offline Sub folders dialog box will appear. Click Yes that you wish to enable offline files availability.
- Wait for the drive to synchronize files to your hard drive. The dialog box will display the progress.
- When the synchronization finishes, the utility window will display files or folders that it is unable to synchronize locally. (NOTE: These following types are standard files NOT synchronized by Offline Files and Folders: *.slm; *.mdb; *.ldb; *.mdw; *.mde; *.pst; *.db)
- To verify that you have successfully synchronized the network drive, look for two blue arrows circling each other on the drive mapping icon from the My_Computer window. The drive now has Offline Files and Folders Enabled.
NOTE: Offline Files and Folders is finished. The following instructions turn on Offline Files and Folders functionality.
If the option to turn on offline files and folders is not available, the following instructions will show you how to enable offline files and folders.
- From the My_computer window left-click Tools -> Folder Options
- Click the tab Offline Files. Click the Enable Offline Files checkbox then click OK..
-No current information present-