MS Office 2016Page address: https://www.mnsu.edu/its/started/microsoft-office2016.html
What is the Microsoft Home Use Program?
Minnesota State University, Mankato has purchased a campus license agreement with Microsoft which includes Microsoft Office as well as other software and licenses. This campus license agreement allows us to install software on all university-owned computerss.
As part of the campus license agreement, the Microsoft Home Use Program (HUP) offers current employees of Minnesota State University, Mankato the opportunity to purchase and download ONE copy of Microsoft Office Professional 2016 or Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac at a significantly reduced price for use on a personally-owned computer.
IN MOST CASES, CURRENT EMPLOYEES CAN DOWNLOAD AND USE MICROSOFT OFFICE FOR FREE. See instructions here
How much does Microsoft Office 2016 cost?
Under the terms of the Microsoft Home Use Program, employees may purchase and download Microsoft Office for a considerably reduced rate of $9.95. Because the software is purchased by the employee, it is owned by the employee and not Minnesota State University, Mankato.
Do I receive a DVD?
Backup DVDs are available for purchase for an additional $12.00 through the Microsoft Home Use Program at the time you purchase the software. While a backup DVD is not required, you may wish to purchase the DVD media in the event that you may need to reinstall the software.
Which products are included in Microsoft Office 2016 Professional Plus?
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Publisher, InfoPath, SharePoint Workspace and OneNote
Which products are included in Microsoft Office 2016 for the Mac?
Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
Can I purchase multiple copies? Can I install it on multiple computers?
No, each employee is allowed to purchase only one copy of the program's license. Under the terms of the HUP agreement, only one license may be downloaded and installed on only one computer. If you require Microsoft Office on more than one computer, you can purchase a license and media at an academic discounted price of $75.00 at the Campus Computer Store, which is located in the lower level of the Centennial Student Union.
Can I give away or sell the software once I purchase it?
No, the HUP license extends only to the eligible employee and may not be given away or sold. Employees may not make additional copies of the software.
Can students purchase Microsoft Office through the Microsoft Home Use Program?
No, only current faculty and staff are eligible. Students can purchase a Microsoft Office license and the media at an academic discounted price of $75.00 at the Campus Computer Store, which is located in the lower level of the Centennial Student Union.
How do I order the software?
- You must be using the computer where the software will be installed.
- In a web browser (Internet Explorer, FireFox), open https://secure2.mnsu.edu/downloads/. Enter the User ID and Password you use to log in to your campus computer and e-mail.
- Locate the link for the Microsoft Home Use Program for Employees of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
Copy or write down the Program Code for the Microsoft Home Use Program.
- Click the link to be directed to the Microsoft Home Use Program webpage. Enter your MSU e-mail address and the Program code that was on the software downloads page then click the Submit button.
- The resulting page will supply you with directions on how to proceed with your purchase and an e-mail message will be delivered to your work e-mail address with a "Buy Now" button as well as instructions on how to purchase.
What if I have a problem with the download or installation?
Ninety days of free support is provided by Microsoft for the Microsoft Office Home Use software, beginning the date of the first call, by calling (800) MICROSOFT.
Is training available?
- Hands-on training for Microsoft Office 2016 is offered on campus throughout the year to Minnesota State University, Mankato faculty, staff, and students. Search and register for a "Computer Skills" session.
- The Microsoft Imagine Academy is a free, self-study online resource offering Microsoft courses, curriculum, certification preparation, and discounted exams available to Minnesota State University, Mankato faculty, staff, and students. Use your StarID to login.
- Lynda.com offers self-paced training videos to learn how to use Microsoft Office apps. Use your StarID to login.