Accessing SiteEditPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/its/web/editing/editors/siteedit/accessing.html
Once you have been given permission to use the SiteEdit web tool you will be able to login and edit the site that you have been granted access to edit. To get permission you must request that your director or department chair email Ted Johnson, email@example.com, to grant you access.
- For an existing site, please include the URL of the site you wish to have permission to edit.
- For a new website, please indicate your preferred location and/or URL in your email.
Choosing a Web Browser
**This documentation was tested using Mozilla Firefox© 3.0.6 and Internet Explorer© 7.0.5730.11.** These browsers work the best because they have tabbed browsing, making it easier to switch between SiteEdit and the page you are editing, and the page performs a hard refresh/reload when the refresh/reload button is clicked, making the changes you made in SiteEdit appear.
- Open a web browser.
- Click the "Site" link in the footer on the left side below the "Ask a question" graphic, or
- type either http://www.mnsu.edu/edit/site.php into the address bar to access the production SiteEdit, used if you are only making a few small changes or updating information,
- or http://devweb2.its.mnsu.edu/edit/site.php into the address bar to access the development SiteEdit, used if you are doing a total renovation to the site.
- Click Go or press the Enter key.
- Type your MavMail/MavAccount user name into the Username: box.
- Type your MavMail/MavAccount password into the Password: box.
- Click .
- Type the web address you have permission to edit into the WHICH SITE DO YOU WANT TO EDIT? box.
- Click .
SiteEdit will automatically logout once it has been idle for 30 minutes. SiteEdit will also automatically logout once the web browser is closed.