BusingPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/mavcard/busing/
What is it
Your Green Transporation Fee allows you to ride the Mankato Bus System for free. Use your MavCARD as a universal bus pass beginning August 23, 2012.
Show your MavCARD for free* bus rides on any of the campus and Mankato city buses to nearby apartment complexes; including evening service.
Where it Works
About the Green Transporation Fee
Green Fee Gets Green Light (MSU Reporter article)
* Financed By Parking Programs funds in the form of the Green Transporation Fee (75¢ per credit hour)
Bike and Ride
All 13 fixed route buses operated by the Greater Mankato Transit System are equipped with front end bike racks capable of transporting two bicycles at a time.
- Any passenger may opt to make use of the bike racks at any time.
- Use of the bike racks is free of charge.
- Use of the bike racks is on a “first come, first serve” basis.
- The owner of the bike is responsible for the safe loading/unloading of their bicycle.
- If a passenger is unsure how to load/unload a bicycle from the bike rack, our driver will be more than happy to render assistance.
- Only bicycles are allowed to be transported on the bike racks.
- After removing your bicycle from the bike rack wait until the bus has passed to cross the street.