shortcut to content
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Minnesota State University, Mankato

Minutes

Page address: https://www.mnsu.edu/mssa/docs/minutes_years/minutes/2003-2004/03-17-2004.html

71st MSSA Senate

March 17, 2004

Meeting called order by Speaker Zach Biesanz

Roll Call (Present-Absent-Proxy-Excused)

Senators Present (Present-Absent-Proxy-Excused)

Elizabeth Lange 1-0-0, Abbas Raza 12-5-1, Nicole Schultz 7-0-0, Stacey Stump 3-0-0, Irfan Bangash 24-0-1, David Bottin 1-0-0, Greg Lessard 23-2-0, Taku Kurashige 5-0-0, Bryan Hart 23-0-1-1, Faizan M. Khan 24-1-0, Ryan Flynn 6-0-0, Jani Grantz 1-0-0, Nathan Entinger 18-0-0, Adam Weigold 6-0-0, Kail Decker 18-0-0, Megan Brandt 24-0-1, Ian Radtke 24-1-0, Rachel Mudd 24-1-0, Trevor Fleck 5-0-1 Mohammed Omar 5-1-0, Jeff Waldron 2-0-0, Monica Brooks 1-0-0

Senators Absent

Jessica Cichy 17-1-0, Muhammad Jiwani 12-5-0,

Executive Staff Present

President Rhys Gaffer, Vice President Shahzad Anwer

Presentation-Kelly Meier, Director, SLD&SL

It is our mission to help students develop a sense of pride and school spirit while bringing soul to the University community through a diverse offering of quality programs and activities. We foster a creative learning environment that enables individuals to engage in personal growth and development.

Introduction of staff and students. Overview of operations, SLD&SL has grown from 3 main areas to nine areas. 2004-Americorps, Greek Life, Jumpstart, Student Events Team, Service-Learning, RSO’s, LGBT Center, Off-Campus Housing, Leadership. These are major areas that students have requested. We have grown from 27-99 programs, this again is major program efforts. RSO’s continue to grow. Space has also grown, the adage-if you build it they will come. Student traffic has grown and staffing has decreased. Over 25,000 people have benefited from programs, this does not include film. Student Events Team events-over 5,000 people took advantage of Homecoming events alone. Greeks, despite less funding have had a 17% increase. The MSU Sorority Community was honored with three awards from the Mid American Greek Council Association: Academic Achievement, Council Management and Membership Recruitment. There are currently 170 RSO’s and 4 more

waiting to be recognized. Over 2700 students are actively involved in an RSO. An RSO Advisory Board was created in October. 17 RSO officers have joined as founding members of the RSO Advisory Board.

LGBTC, seriously under funded. Major events: National Coming Out Week, LGBT Center Open House, LGBT Panel/Roundtable Discussion. Everything downstairs becomes integrated. They work with

enriching the community. Americorp is a stellar program. Greek Life, five Year assessment plan. 500 FY students were contacted on where they came from and their expectations.

This has been a very exciting year. Packed full.

President Gaffer-You spoke of Greek success this year, what has been the true costs and if they have been covered with the funding cut.

Director Meier-We were not able to provide that this year. We did not have the funding to do some things. Those students have a legitimate complaint. The positive has come because of hard work and sweat and work in the past, you often win an award because of previous work.

Jessica Becker-When funding was cut, we missed out on showing the community what we do.

Senator Waldron-We do not get the leadership training that we used to get. We learned life skills,

communication skills. We were not able to get those and we were not able to do the PR because we do not have the funds to do that.

Senator Bottin-What other events in the future are you hoping to bring to enhance the college?

Lisa Luconen-SLD&SL-Most students want to know about films, concerts, vocal events. Doing surveys to assess.

Director Meier-Our needs range from LGBTC Center staffing to RSO staffing. They do not get the necessary leadership training. Similar size schools are offering more training. Staffing has declined which means less that we can provide.

Senator Hart-What are the benefits of a full time vs. grad student

Director Meier-Grad students bring fresh ideas, but they come and go. Full time have a higher

degree, more experience. They may work 60 hours a week, a grad student can only work 20 hours.

Senator Hart-How many grad students would it take to do the work of a full time position?

Director Meier-It is apples and oranges, grad students are required to work 20 hours a week, they

need to put academics first. They do not have a master’s degree. We need people with specific

training and experience.

President Gaffer-Regarding the pitch for RSO’s, is that a position that would help offer

additional opportunities for students to get course credit?

Director Meier-We have the ability to give credit if we had the leaders to do that, the RSO

position could work with leadership development and organizations that could be used for credit.

President Gaffer-Would that position help with other things in Student Affairs?

Director-Absolutely.

Senator Bottin-How many people are you looking to add to your staff.

Director Meier-2 and ¾ positions, a person to work with the LGBT Office, the RSO’s and

a three fourths time receptionist.

Senator Bottin-Could any of this be performed by a grad student?

Director Meier-No

Senator Stump-Have you compared staffing with other schools?

Director Meier-Most of our sister schools have a full time staff working with the LGBT Center.

Priority Registration-Jen Jacobs, Academic Affairs/Cultural Diversity Coordinator

This is being presented as a general idea on this campus.

Sara Hampton, Sr. on Softball team. Priority Registration can benefit many groups by being an open

System. Organizations would have to qualify before a committee to receive priority registration..

Dan Ficcadenti-Soph on Football team. Athletics plays a major role on campus. Most

schools have the student body behind them. President Davenport has stated that athletics

is a window to the university. Athletics, Forensics, Music students do miss many classes when representing

the university. We do not have control over the amount of classes we miss. This should

be for many interest groups. We are trying to separate our selves, we do not want to be just

average, we can accomplish this with your help.

Sara Hampton-Scheduling is also a problem. Tennis and Hockey have to practice off-campus.

We have great facilities, but we share those facilities with Human Performance and Campus Rec. We did take

an hour this year from Campus Rec. Teams need to practice more, with Phase III construction,

facilities will be even more limited. Student athletes maintain high academics, they have a

higher GPA than average students. It is difficult to make up group work and missed classes.

Joe Neigum-Wrestler, By not having priority registration there is a huge impact on practice and competition.

If they can not practice with their team mates they are at a disadvantage. When you are together

You learn how to play together, there is no I in team. When an athlete misses practices they are not

in shape or know what their teammates are doing, how can you practice without the quarterback?

Athletes travel on Friday, can you imagine missing the same class every week? We need to be

the best students in the nation. Give us priority registration. Also recruiting is big. This would

allow us to compete with other schools, knowing you can get priority registration and go to class

everyday.

Byron Slake-Faculty Rep to SAAC. I would like to extend an open invitation to you to attend our Student Athletic Advisory Committee so we are better informed about the student government process. SAAC meets every other Tuesday at 9:00 P.M. Please come and explain all of this to us.

Michael Rue-President of Concert Choir. Last summer we went to France and Spain,

we sang at Dr. Davenport’s inauguration, we gave 2 concerts, tour of the state of Minnesota. We have grown

immensely in the past two years. At a concert in Nov. we gained national recognition. Because

of growing numbers and talent and recognition they have had to enforce an attendance policy. If students

can not be there they can not be in choir. We lost 15 out of 50 this fall because they can not

be there because of class conflicts. They have to sign up for classes at 3:00 or 4:00. When you

look at priority registration, consider that we need this to continue growth and reputation.

Dave Nadolski-Forensics. Thank you for addressing a crucial issue, I am speaking on behalf of Forensics

and Jazz Ensemble. Many individuals are involved in more than one organization, because

they are willing to give back to the community. Two points-academically, and how we look.

We want to be successful, we have a lot of academic success but we could have more if we

had priority registration. We are here to learn, by learning we do more than just go to classes. You learn

outside of the classroom as well. How do we look to other universities? Athletics are by no means

the only ones on campus, we have speech, music that we represent well. But letting us

do our jobs well is crucial. This helps with dollars coming into the university.

60 people in choir, each one is affected, and they want to be community participants.

By allowing us to do our jobs the benefits far outweigh the draw backs. I urge you on

Behalf of Forensics, Jazz, Theater, and Music to pass this for quality of student lives.

Senator Decker-When you add up the total number of people in athletics, forensics, music,

etc. about how many students are there?

Sarah Hampton-Forensics-45-Music-300 Athletics-530

Senator Stump-What do you think is the biggest problem, getting into classes or times offered?

Sara Hampton-Getting into the classes for athletes at the times you need them.

Dave Nadolski-That is the same for music, sometimes you can not do anything about a lab.

Senator Flynn-Do you practice every day at the same time?

Sara Hampton-Teams may vary by a half hour. We practice at 5:45 in the morning and in

the afternoon.

Joey Neigum-Afternoon is better for wrestlers because they compete in the afternoon or evening.

Senator Flynn-Before you register does your coach tell you to not have a class at this time?

Sara Hampton-Generally practices are scheduled from 2-6.

Mark Schuck-As a coach we try to schedule around classes, but we are limited on when we have the facilities. .

Senator Hart-I like the ideas of all the organizations trying to be community participants.

How do you include others?

Sara Hampton-It is my idea that RSO’s can apply.

Senator Bottin-Why are you here at this university?

Softball, music, David Dickau. I came to college for academics but MSU

for wrestling. I came here for music because of the exciting things going on.

Julie Thompson-I came here because my mom and aunt were alums and because I want to be a singer.

I came here because it is great to come to a college that accepts me.

Senator Omar-Michael-Are you open to comprise?

Michael Rue-The number I gave you is the number in all, I am in choir, we have been dealing

with this issue for quite a while. We want to improve the quality of education students are getting

in choir.

Senator Omar-What alternative do you have?

Dave Nadolski-I don’t think we do, we have been dealing with this. We will continue to do that.

We will still draw numbers in, we will still suffice, but our interest is to improve quality.

Michael Rue-We are looking at potential, we will have a good choir, but if this is passed,

We are looking at potential, how good do you want your institution to be, this is about

pride. This is a small thing to do to help.

Senator Lessard-How is the blue card process used? How well is it viewed by the teachers?

Sara Hampton-Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. The past years it has been

harder because of numbers.

Dave Nadolski-To my knowledge the choir has not tried that yet. Music is different, I know

I will always have to fight for my job.

Michael Rue-If the blue card worked well we would not be here today. I don’t think I could

blue card to be in choir. Quality of life, I came here because it is a good quality. My case

is not the only one privy to this.

Joey Neigum-You can’t blue card into labs etc. You may only have one shot.

Senator Schultz-You stated times and that you lost students, is there an effort made to try

o keep those students?

Dave Nadolski-Most music majors take 12 credits. We did just add more time to rehearsals,

Comparing us to other schools, St.Olaf, Concordia-they practice close to 2 hours Monday through Friday and they are not having problems. If we re-evaluate music times we would have to reorganize entire

department.

Senator Schultz-What does someone do that wants to come back?

Dave –Re-audition.

Senator Weigold-Do you care about other students?

Michael Rue-Good question, but we are looking at drawbacks. But trying to help students

that work their tails off for those that don’t is not a drawback. Not every one wants to work as hard as we do, to some extent that should be taken into consideration. We need potential growth for those involved

in activities.

Senator Khan-How would you personally feel if you could not get into a class?

James Williams-If I had priority registration it would not change the classes only the times. I would

plan my schedule between 8-4 Monday-Thursday.

Sara Hampton-I know what it feels like but I have also given a lot of time to this university

and I support priority registration.

Dave Nadolski-This is our major, this is what I am going to be teaching. If I could not be

in choir it would affect me for the rest of my career.

Michael Rue-If more people get involved in the community it would help, it is not

a matter of have vs. have nots. If a by product of this helps, why not support it?

Senator Stump-What about a single parent that can not be involved?

Sara-Work schedules can be flexible, I know others have difficult schedules, but it is the

choices you make.

Jen Jacobs-I had to work, I had volleyball and classes. These are people representing the

university everyday.

Michael Rue-I cry foul if someone says they don’t have time. Do you have time for TV?

The fact of the matter is we have organizations up the whim whim that people can get involved in. If you have time to watch TV you can get involved. There is no brick wall around organizations, people can get

involved. Opportunities are open to all who seek them.

Senator Kurashige-It is good to know of students that are doing so much for the university, how can you distinguish between students that just want priority registration.

Sara-We dedicate our time, you don’t do that if you are not willing to put in the time.

David Nadolski-People will not be in choir for five hours for registering early.

Senator Waldron-There is not a brick wall around organizations-are you proposing that

everyone should get priority registration.

Michael Rue-The LGBT is an organization anyone can belong to. The Native American Association, you

don’t need to be Native American to belong to.

Jeff Waldron-Are you suggesting that general organizations should get priority registration?

Jen Jacobs-The committee will decide who should have priority.

David Nadolski-For music-the brick wall is open to other groups.

Vice President Anwer-As the policy reads, all university sponsored events, is the policy

going to be re written?

David Nadolski-We are looking at who needs this registration. Is there a need for early

registration? There is a specific need for athletics, music, and forensics. There needs to be a clear need of an organization.

Senator Bottin-You brought up the issue of pride, why should we give special privilege for

pride to 6.7 % of the university.

Michael Rue-I think 6.7% might not be right. I think the MSSA knows full well our

relations to the community are a bit strained. We are singing in an organization

that is close to the best in the nation. Athletes-hey maybe football could win a few

more games. Maybe we could connect.

Sara Hampton-We do have a lot of pride, not all students support the school they attend.

Senator Bottin-When the academic atmosphere generates more money why would

we want to cut our own throat?

Michael Rue-Our theater dept. has the top ten in the nation in season ticket holders. Hockey brings in money

We don’t get paid, they put their heart in their organization, but they feel pride. We are asking for

8:00 A.M. instead of 9:00 A.M., this is not huge, it does not impact money.

David Nadolski-Lets look at what organizations do-speech, sports, there are good things happening.

but these people can change the reputation of the school.

Senator Mudd-Are you suggesting that everyone in groups should have priority registration?

Sara-In athletics, everyone would have that.

Senator Mudd-David Nadolski-You are looking at majors and non majors.

Because of music format-music majors are about 2/3 of choir. But it would be more if we had

priority registration.

Approval of Agenda Speaker Report before President Report, SAC member Nate Entinger presenting, remove Bryan Hart from Senator reports.

Approval of Minutes (3-3-04) Minutes stand approved

Officer Reports

Speaker Zach Biesanz

Correspondence form President Gaffer

I understand his concern that this is for his cabinet which he appoints, his cabinet shows clearly that there are people on his cabinet that are not appointed such as the President and Vice President. The treasurer is an officer position, this means it is along the same lines as the Vice President. The veto stands unless you veto it by a 2/3 vote.

Allied Health and Nursing seat vacant.

Experimental College-students can sign up and teach a course on whatever you want-the best way to learn is to teach. I will bring you more research on this.

I went to Denver to study Aikido over break, when we came back Senator Kurashige and I got our black belts.

Another point regarding correspondence from Dr. Davenport-there is already precedent for two roles by a coordinator, Academic Affairs/Cultural Diversity-Jen Jacobs.

Senator Decker-What were you saying about the veto.

Speaker-I think what the senate did is in order. I have outlined why I think it is a gray area. The two

main areas-he sees the Treasurer as a member of the cabinet which is appointed and he does not

think we looked at how this was done in the past. I think it is fair and constitutional. I could see

how it could be perceived as a separation of powers. He also objects because it would be combining

two positions, we have that position in Coordinator Jacobs.

Senator Khan-Does the president need our approval on the appointment of the Treasurer?

Speaker Biesanz-Yes.

Senator Lessard-How are your thoughts on us coming all together to discuss this at the same time?

Speaker-There is a personal part of that I will address, I don’t think there is a need. Early on

in your undergraduate you don’t get to register early but there are many classes no matter what your

academic schedule, later in your career you look at more specialized classes but you earn the

right because you have been here longer. I don’t think priority registration is necessary. How do you draw the

line between athletics and sport clubs? What about people that work? It is to hard to draw

a line, no one really needs it. The President does not need to be here. He is not required by the

constitution nor is the Vice President.

Senator Radtke-Given the time frame of needing a senate budget and because the President

has vetoed it, do we need to drag this out?

Speaker-Regarding the Treasurer issue, should we spend time on who stepped on who’s toes?

No-we should talk to people on a personal level.

Senator Stump-Where is the banquet?

Senator Schultz-How do I overturn the veto?

President Rhys Gaffer

Appointments: Adam Weigold to the MSU Web Portal Task Force, Elizabeth Lange to Academic Affairs Committee and Ensuring Cultural Diversity Committee, Jani Grantz to Student Services Committee and Student Allocation Committee, Monica Brooks to Student Services Committee and Student Union Board, Dave Bottin to Academic Affairs Committee, Parking Appeals Board and as MSSA Treasurer

I attended a Civil Disturbance Task Force meeting last Friday. I attended a Budget Sub Meet & Confer

meeting yesterday. The Athletic Director now reports to Vice President Trauger. This will be reviewed next year. I have concerns that the budget submitted by the Athletic Dept. is the same number of sports as last year. This is not fair to our budget consultation process or to student athletes who would choose to transfer from MSU to another college. I did speak with Vice President Solinger about this today. We will discuss it at the next Meet and Confer meeting with the President on Tuesday @ 11:00 A.M. I have a major mid term at 6:00 P.M. today and will need to leave at 4:45 P.M. to be prepared and focused. Thank you for your continued practice with my academic needs.

Vice President Anwer-As previous speaker said, the budget is complete, the object of the motion was to

get it going-I am not unconfident in the senator’s ability but if we do not do this it goes through another

process, we will delay this.

Senator Radtke-If the budget is done, the difference is who’s name is on it?

Senator Decker-Move to table the appointment Second Senator Khan

Motion passes

Senator Bottin-The Vice President should not be answering on behalf of the President.

Speaker-The Vice President can turn down anything he can not accurately answer, I don’t

think questions should be restricted.

Senator Stump-Does the President feel that the appointment of Dave Bottin lies

within the constitution and is sound?

Speaker-I feel he does, no one would not do something they feel is unconstitutional.

Vice President Shahzad Anwer

I have an award but it melted in my pocket. This person manages exceptionally. They

are a mother, working on the LSAT, being on committees, this requires a big heart in order

to do that-Senator Mudd we appreciate all you do.

I was approached by the radio station, KMSU, they are going to be having a spot for news from us.

The email brigade will be conducted again to try and get more people to send emails. Kindly

sign up, it counts as your two hours for senate.

Senator Decker-Move to overturn the Presidential veto as appropriate. Second Vice President Anwer

Senator Decker-If we pass this it will complete the budget process as the work has been completed.

Vice President Anwer- We are just trying to make this process easier.

Senator Stump-I think we need a better interpretation of the constitution. I think the President

is about being constitutional.

Senator Schultz-I support the motions.

Senator Weigold-Because this is an officer position it is subject to election procedure that would supercede the cabinet position. That is what the first motion is.

Speaker-All in favor of overturning the veto.

Motion passes

Senator Decker/Senator Abbas

Move to overturn the veto of Adam Weigold as Treasurer

Senator Decker-He has already put the work in.

Senator Abbas-I agree, he has put the work in.

Motion passes 18-1 1 abstention

Committee Reports

SAC-Jeet Sausen, Chair (Nate Entinger)

SAC R#03.04.04A

SAC recommends funding up to $700.00 to MSU Mudworks to attend an annual conference of The National Council/Education of Ceramic Arts in Indianapolis, IN.

Motion passes

SAC R#03.04.04B

SAC recommends funding up to $450.00 to the Psychology Graduate Student Association to attend the Industrial/Organizational Psychology Organization Behavior Graduate Student Conference in Tulsa, OK.

Motion passes

Reminder of budget hearings: Thursday, 8:00 AM-Athletics, Friday-1:00 SLD&SL

Senator Radtke-Will minutes be made available?

Mr. Entinger-Committee members keep their own notes. I will make mine available.

Friday at 1:00 will be in CSU 202

Senator Mudd-Can we get the budget hearings tape recorded?

Mr. Entinger-I will see if we can.

Academic Affairs Committee-Jen Jacobs, Academic Affairs/Cultural Diversity Coordinator

Academic Affairs/Student Services-opposed Priority registration as written but do

support it as rewritten by a vote of 8-5.

Academic Affairs/Student Affairs Motion 03.17.04A Recommendation for Priority Registration policy.

It is suggested that there be a committee formed first with representatives from the appropriate offices such as the Registrar Office, faculty, students, Student Affairs Administration and Academic Affairs Administration and the student government.

The committee shall:

A) Define “university sponsored events,” “routinely, and other specific definitions needed.

B) Define if there is a priority registration option, what are the rules, guidelines etc. (for example, if a group’s application passes, will a freshman student be able to register before senior student etc.)

C) Define specific parameters that a group would need to show proof of to apply for priority registration.

D) Allow the various groups to then apply for the priority registration option whereas the committee will review each application equally and pass or reject the application.

E) Define the pros and cons to alternative solutions to priority registration.

F) Explain why certain students need this when every student will have time conflicts.

After this committee meets, MSSA shall have the right to review anything they find.

Senator Stump-Would Athletics, Forensics, Music automatically be given priority

registration?

Coordinator Jacobs-No

Senator Schultz-This defines a committee and then brings it back?

Coordinator Jacobs-This says we would like to see what the administration

would do with the committee? This says the senate does not approve unless the recommendations are made.

Senator Stump-Why do we need to do what we opposed?

Senator Bottin-We were looking for more information, in case their was a

middle ground.

Senator Schultz-I am opposed to priority registration and therefore do not

think we need this motion.

Motion fails 7-10-1 abstention

Coordinator Reports

Legislative Affairs-Bryan Hart (Irfan Bangash)

The lobby trip on 3/15 was cancelled due to student cancellations. We had four attending, two

cancelled and two did not show. The folders being passed out can be used for class presentations. Please take one. Take one and make a presentation in your class. There are seven dates left for students to travel to the capitol. Please highlight these in your presentations. Pass out and collect the “CIA forms” to collect contact information “C: their interests in lobbying “I”, and their preferred action, “A”. Also direct students to the MSSA office for help writing letters to their state representatives and for information on higher education issues, which all of you should know and are briefly mentioned in the packet. So now everyone should have information on lobby issues and the means to go out and assist students to assist our legislators.

Senator Reports

Off-Campus-Adam Weigold

I have prepared a budget to be submitted to SAC. I worked on this collaboratively with members of both the executive staff and senate. The budget I formed pretty much holds the line, but gives increases all over the place. Too glaze over it, I added funding for advertising because we will have to get out the vote next year, increased our supply budget because of needs to have microphones for recording meetings, and increased our student help at an inflationary rate (which can be delegated as a pay raise or for hiring more help, it will be up to the administrator who is in office.)

I also looked into a pay raise for our office secretary, however she is a state employee and they are under a freeze right now, we cannot do anything about that. Our budget has increased in her salary because of some mandatory insurance fringe benefit costs.

I will be happy to answer any questions on this, and explain in any more details, however I would NOT entertain any sort of motion supporting or worse yet approving it. This is because it will effectively cut SAC out of the loop and even infuriate them. We will have this opportunity at the budget hearing after it comes out from SAC. This is not way a final budget but just what we’re giving SAC to work with.

In other senator news, I’ve had many constituents of mine approach me on the draft proposal by the Diversity Task Force. They had problems with the word “celebrate” being in it. It is an issue because some groups on this campus are ready to accept and respect other groups on this campus, as the plan calls for, but celebrating the difference is a moral issue for them. This can be applied to many diverse groups. If someone comes here from another culture, and celebrating a difference goes against his or her cultural morals, then we are infringing on that person’s culture. I contacted Joan Roca of the diversity task force and voiced the opinions of my constituents to them.

I also am preparing for next week some amendments to our bylaws. From going through the budget as much as I have the last couple weeks, I see some problems that could be exploited by an executive. I would like to draft by next week two amendments, the first will say that the President cannot spend more than $75.00 without senate approval, which has been introduced before 6 years ago, but was tabled indefinitely. It’s not saying it’s bad for a President to spend money at all. it’s just intended to the senate can be aware of our spending. The second amendment would be to restrict the President to allocate funds from one line item in the budget to another without senate approval. There are instances where we might run a deficit in our supply budget and will pull from a surplus somewhere else to cover it. However without this restriction, it is perfectly okay for the president to spend money wherever he or she sees fit if there’s a surplus in any line item. It has been argued that if there’s a surplus then it’s okay to spend it. But the senate should have some say in how it’s spent so it’s not wasted or spent on something the senate does not see fit.

Speaker-Between March 9 and the day of the veto, what Senator Weigold was doing was as

a senator not as a treasurer.

Senator Khan-What is the total amount of the senate budget?

Announcements

Speaker-Invite you all to Yu’s and discuss diversity. Apologize for not being here

Monday. Next week we will have a treasurer report.

Senator Schultz-Grad Dean Search candidates-next week. Contact me, if you are interested

in attending.

Senator Decker-Vice President of Student Affairs search, contact me if you know of names of people that should be submitted.

Senator Waldron-Pizza Dinner at Boomtown on Monday sponsored by Men Against Rape.

Roll Call

Senators Present

Elizabeth Lange, Abbas Raza, Nicole Schultz, Stacey Stump, Mohammed Omar, Irfan Bangash, David Bottin, Taku Kurashige, Bryan Hart, Faizan Khan, Ryan Flynn, Jani Grantz, Nathan Entinger, Adam Weigold, Jeff Waldron, Kail Decker, Megan Brandt, Ian Radtke, Rachel Mudd, Monica Brooks, Trevor Fleck

Senators Absent

Muhammad Jiwani, Greg Lessard, Bryan Hart

Executive Staff Present

Vice President Anwer

Adjournment Meeting adjourned at 7:15 P.M.