Getting StartedPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/music/musicindustry/gettingstarted.html
Music Industry – Getting Started Guide
This will guide you through our web information, and help you determine whether Music Industry (MI) is the right opportunity for you.
1) Review the Two MI Programs We Offer
One of our two programs will be better for you. Please read the descriptions below, then click on the text link that points to the program curriculum in which you are interested.
– The Bachelor of Science in Music Industry, our principal on–campus degree program, is designed to teach you every important aspect of the business side of the music industry in–depth. You will study music, develop musical skills, and perform in ensembles. You will also earn one of several business minors that will perfectly compliment your music industry studies.
– The Bachelor of Science in Music Industry – Audio Production Specialist emphasizes Pro Tools certification / audio engineering skills, while also providing essential business training and some music training. This is the best choice for students who wish to be engineer/producers, and who love all kinds of audio production as well as music. It is a selective degree program, accepting limited enrollment. You will spend two years at Hennepin Technical College, and two years at MSU.
Please review all program descriptions of interest to you. You can download available pdf files as well.
2) Read About the Courses in the MI Program You Desire
You can read more about the music industry courses / download a PDF of these syllabi excerpts on the Course Information page.
3) Read our FAQs: See If Our Programs Match Your Educational Expectations
4) Read About “What Can You Do with a Music Industry Degree”
Click the “Opportunities in Music Industry ” tab and all the sub–tabs in that area to see your many career options.
5) Keep Exploring the Site
Hope to speak with you soon!
Dr. Tonya Butler
Professor of Music Industry Studies