News HighlightsPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/news/read/?id=old-1349467223&paper=topstories
Oct. 18: Mock House Party
Student Health Services is co-hosting an educational event on the dangers of high-risk drinking.
Minnesota State University, Mankato Media Relations Office, 10-5-2012
Mankato, Minn. –Minnesota State University, Mankato’s Student Health Services is co-hosting an educational event called “House Party” on Thursday, Oct. 18 from 8:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. at Phi Delta Theta House (639 S. 4th St., Mankato) that is intended to educate students on the dangers of high-risk drinking.
It’s the 10th year in a row that Minnesota State Mankato’s Student Health Services has held the event, during which students take a tour of an off-campus house and explore a “house party” from a sober perspective.
Student volunteers act out scenarios that students may have encountered at a real house party. Students will be given statistical information about the prevalence of high-risk behaviors and then will be educated on how they can better keep themselves and their friends safe if they do choose to drink.
For more information, please contact Samantha Coffin, graduate assistant in Student Health Services, by phone at 507-389-5689 or by email at Samantha.email@example.com.
Joining Student Health Services and other Minnesota State Mankato departments as co-hosts of the event are the City of Mankato’s Department of Public Safety and the Lincoln Park Neighborhood Association.
About Minnesota State Mankato Student Health Services
Minnesota State Mankato’s Student Health Services provides quality and affordable medical services and health education to Minnesota State Mankato students to enhance their learning experience and support their academic success.
The primary goals of Student Health Services are:
- To promote the optimal health of students on the college campus.
- To aid students and advocate for their primary health and wellness needs.
- To increase student retention at MSU.
- To provide student internships opportunities for professional experiences that assist students in attaining educational goals.
Student Health Services achieves these goals through the following objectives:
- We provide on site medical providers every day that school is open and in session.
- We provide health education and outreach initiatives using classroom education, workshops and social norms marketing campaigns.
- We offer an onsite pharmacy that provides over-the-counter and prescription medication.
- We offer an onsite laboratory services to aid with diagnostics needs.
Minnesota State Mankato, a comprehensive university, is part of the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities system, a system of 31 public colleges and universities with 54 campuses in 47 communities throughout the state of Minnesota.