News HighlightsPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/news/read/?id=old-1447277634&paper=topstories
College of Business Announces Global Entrepreneurship Week Events
This year's Global Entrepreneurship Week will be held worldwide from Nov. 16-22.
Minnesota State University, Mankato Media Relations Office News Release, 11-11-2015
Mankato, Minn. – Minnesota State University, Mankato’s College of Business is hosting a number of events in recognition of 2015 Global Entrepreneurship Week, which will be held worldwide from Nov. 16-22.
The week’s events held by the College of Business at Minnesota State Mankato include:
- Monday, Nov. 16 from 3-4:30 p.m. in Morris Hall 210 – Stories from two Minnesota responsible businesses, including Local Crate, a meal delivery service, and Finnegan’s Brew Company, a Minnesota beer company that donates 100 percent of profits to fund community project. The event is free and open to the public.
- Wednesday, Nov. 18 from 5-8 p.m. at Mankato Brewery – Big Ideas Challenge Kickoff Event. College of Business students, faculty, staff and friends will receive a tour and updates on this year’s $10,000 Big Ideas Challenge, in which Minnesota State Mankato students from any academic discipline submit their innovative business ideas and compete for prize money donated by alumnus Craig Lloyd of Lloyd Companies. It’s the second year the College of Business has held its Big Ideas Challenge.
- Thursday, Nov. 19 from 9-10:30 a.m. in Centennial Student Union, Room 204 – Women in Entrepreneurship Brunch. Presentations by Sarah Richards, CEO of Jones Metal Products and alumna Kylen Feltes ‘15, founder of Dream Closet. Seating is limited. RSVP to April Femrite at email@example.com by Monday, Nov. 16.
- Thursday, Nov. 19 from 7-8 p.m. in Centennial Student Union, Room 253 – Fashion show featuring Pack Clothing, founded by College of Business marketing students Teakon Williams and David Swaray. Free and open to the public.
- Friday, Nov. 20 from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in Centennial Student Union, Room 245 – Perfecting Your Pitch: Learn how to pitch anything, from business ideas to innovative workplace solutions, with confidence. Feedback provided by the Minnesota State Mankato Entrepreneurship Club. Free and open to the public.
For more information on any of the week’s events, please contact Greta Fennell, director of communications and events for the College of Business at Minnesota State Mankato, by phone at 507-389-5424 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Global Entrepreneurship Week, according to a list of frequently asked questions on its website, is “the world’s largest celebration of the innovators and job creators who launch startups that bring ideas to life, drive economic growth and expand human welfare.”
Minnesota State Mankato, a comprehensive university with 15,193 students, is part of the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities system, which comprises 31 state institutions.