News HighlightsPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/news/read/?id=old-1478549915&paper=topstories
Nov. 14-17: College of Business Global Entrepreneurship Week Events
All events are free and open to the community.
Minnesota State University, Mankato Media Relations Office News Release, 11-7-2016
Mankato, Minn. – Minnesota State University, Mankato’s College of Business is hosting a series of events from Nov. 14-17 in recognition of 2016 Global Entrepreneurship Week, which will be held worldwide from Nov. 14-20.
All Global Entrepreneurship Week events held by the College of Business at Minnesota State Mankato are free and open to the community. The week’s events will include:
- Monday, Nov. 14 from 4-5 p.m. in Morris Hall 209 – “Tricks to Perfect Your Pitch – Video Workshop.” This workshop will provide instruction on how to create a professional business pitch video. Attendees are encourages to bring their laptops and ideas.
- Tuesday, Nov. 15 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. in Morris Hall First Floor Commons – “Entrepreneur Meet Up with Kato Supply Co.” Students and the community are welcome to join student entrepreneurs for networking in an informal setting. This event features Kato Supply Co, a College of Business student-led group from the United Prairie Bank Integrated Business Experience.
- Wednesday, Nov. 16 from 5-6 p.m. in Morris Hall 102 – “Local Entrepreneurship Panel.” Local entrepreneurs will share their stories of success. Scheduled panelists include Larry Van Tol of Hilltop Florists and M2 Lofts and Kylen Feltes of Dream Closet, an alumna of Minnesota State Mankato.
- Thursday, Nov. 17 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. in Morris Hall First Floor Commons – “Entrepreneur Meet Up with Midwest Made.” Students and the community are welcome to join student entrepreneurs for networking in an informal setting. This event features Midwest Made, a College of Business student-led group from the United Prairie Bank Integrated Business Experience.
- Thursday, Nov. 17 from 4-5 p.m. in the Centennial Student Union Hearth Lounge – “Big Ideas Challenge Kick Off.” Previous entrepreneurial competition participants will be in attendance for the start of this year’s Big Ideas Challenge, an innovation and entrepreneurial competition for Minnesota State Mankato students.
For more information about any of the week’s events, please contact Amy Linde, director of communications and events for the College of Business at Minnesota State Mankato, by phone at 507-389-5424 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Global Entrepreneurship Week, according to its website, is “the world’s largest celebration of the innovators and job creators who launch startups that bring ideas to life, drive economic growth and expand human welfare.”
Minnesota State Mankato, a comprehensive university with 15,110 students, is part of the Minnesota State system, which comprises 31 state institutions.