News HighlightsPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/news/read/?id=old-1504889117&paper=topstories
Sept. 14: Community Invited to Open House at Hubbard Building
Open house will be held from 4-7:30 p.m. Public is invited. A short program will be held at 5:30 p.m.
Minnesota State University, Mankato Media Relations Office News Release, 9-8-2017
Mankato, Minn. – Minnesota State University, Mankato’s Division of Strategic Partnerships invites the Mankato-area community to attend an open house Thursday, Sept. 14 from 4-7:30 p.m. at its new location in the Hubbard Building in Old Town Mankato (424 N. Riverfront Drive).
The free open house will provide attendees the opportunity to learn about ways to collaborate with students, faculty and staff at an easily accessible downtown location. Parking is available adjacent to the Hubbard Building.
The open house will feature a short program at 5:30 p.m. University representatives will be available to discuss various partnership opportunities. Subject areas currently scheduled to participate in the open house include the following:
- College of Arts and Humanities
- Spanish for the Professions: Faculty will describe how this program can expand a person’s career possibilities and prepare them to work more effectively with colleagues, clients and partners in other parts of the world.
- Communication Studies: Faculty will describe how this program’s opportunities for training in presentational speaking, media training and small-group communication.
- Philosophy: Faculty will discuss how this program provides training in business ethics.
- College of Business
- Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Faculty will discuss this new center’s partnerships and student business start-up success stories.
- College of Business Internships and Partnerships: Staff from this program will discuss its many business partnerships and student success stories.
- Graduate Programs: Faculty will be available to discuss the College’s MBA and Master of Accounting Program and partnerships the program have with several area firms.
- College of Education
- North Star Aviation: Faculty and staff will discuss how Minnesota State Mankato’s relationship with North Star Aviation has helped elevate the University’s Aviation Program to be one of the best in the Midwest.
- Children’s House: Staff members will discuss how this program provides early-learning opportunities and all-day care for infants through pre-schoolers in a secure, fun and educational environment.
- Center for School-University Partnerships: Faculty will discuss this program’s formal partnerships with 10 school districts as well as relationships and partnerships with various counseling organizations set up through Counseling and Student Personnel practicum/internship agreements.
- Reserve Officer Training Corps: Faculty will discuss how cadets engage with various non-profit and service organizations.
- College of Science, Engineering and Technology
- Twin Cities Engineering: Faculty and students will discuss the work that students do in this unique program that allows students to learn traditional engineering knowledge and skills in a project-based learning environment.
- Bureau 507: Faculty and students will discuss this student-run, faculty-mentored consulting enterprise, for which students perform real-world work for real clients on projects related to information technology, graphic/web design, audiovisual production and business.
- Undergraduate Research/Honors/Office of University Fellowships
- Undergraduate Research Center: Student John Ruprecht will showcase his work in 3D printing, and work in which he is engaged with local companies.
- Honors and University Fellowships: Recent graduate Natalie Moses (’17) will display a poster presentation on her work as an undergraduate research fellow with Mayo.
- Memorial Library
- Historical Poster Display: Library staff will provide a poster display on old/historical Front Street in Mankato.
- Common Read Poster Display: Library staff will be on hand to discuss a poster display about the University’s Common Read Program.
- Global Education
- Center for English Language Programs: Staff will discuss the center’s ability to provide customized English language training for local employers.
- College of Allied Health & Nursing
- Dental Hygiene: Faculty members will give a presentation and discuss its dental community partnerships.
- Human Performance: Faculty members will show a promotional video for the Athletic Training master’s program and discuss community and regional partnerships.
- School of Nursing: Faculty members will show a video of customized training for Mayo Health System employees and a video about a partnership with Bloomington Public Schools.
- Graduate College and Research
- Graduate Programs: Staff members will have information on the University’s graduate programs and be available to discuss opportunities for graduate study at Minnesota State Mankato.
- Research and Sponsored Programs: Staff members will have information about this office as well as information on opportunities to partner on grant funding. Examples of regional companies that have worked with this office will be provided.
For more information about the Hubbard Building open house or partnerships with Minnesota State Mankato, please contact Mike Gustafson, vice president of strategic business, education and regional partnerships, by phone at 507-389-5566 or by email at email@example.com.
Minnesota State Mankato, a comprehensive university with 15,110 students, is part of the Minnesota State system, which comprises 31 state institutions.