News HighlightsPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/news/read/?id=old-1510253760&paper=topstories
Nov. 14-16: Global Entrepreneurship Week
Week opens with Tuesday, Nov. 14 evening event at Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship.
Minnesota State University, Mankato Media Relations Office News Release, 11-9-2017
EDITOR'S NOTE: The originally scheduled Monday, Nov. 13 presentation on "The Middle East: Islam, Politics and Business" has been cancelled.
Mankato, Minn. – Minnesota State University, Mankato’s College of Business is hosting a series of events from Nov. 14-16 in recognition of 2017 Global Entrepreneurship Week, to be held worldwide from Nov. 13-19.
All Global Entrepreneurship Week events held by the College of Business at Minnesota State Mankato are free and open to the community. Registration is required—click here for registration links.
The 2017 Global Entrepreneurship Week events include:
Tuesday, Nov. 14, 7 p.m. at Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship (424 N. Riverfront Drive, Mankato)
“Generation Start Up Screening”
- Shop and network with student entrepreneurs from the United Prairie Bank Integrated Business Experience (IBE) then relax for a screening of the film “Generation Start Up” about six recent college graduates that put everything on the line to start their own businesses in Detroit. Popcorn and pop provided – bring a pillow/blanket.
Wednesday, Nov. 15, 5 p.m. at Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship (424 N. Riverfront Drive, Mankato)
“Big Ideas Generator”
- Try something new and perhaps generate a big idea of your own – fun stations where you can try prototyping, pitching and problem solving. Polito’s Pizza and beverages provided.
- Thursday, Nov. 16, 9:30 a.m. in Johnson Hall Alumni Room in Taylor Center
Thursday, Nov. 16, 9:30 a.m. in Johnson Hall Alumni Room in Taylor Center
- Learn from entrepreneurs who will share their stories of success. Hosted by Entrepreneurship Club & Enactus.
Thursday, Nov. 16, 5 p.m. at Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship (424 N. Riverfront Drive, Mankato)
“Big Ideas Challenge Kick Off”
- Big Ideas Challenge is a student innovation and business plan competition where students (and recent alumni) can win up to $12,000! The main winner becomes an instant semi-finalist in the Minnesota Cup (the largest business plan competition in the country).
For more information about any of the week’s events, please contact Amy Linde, director of communications and events for the College of Business at Minnesota State Mankato, by phone at 507-389-5424 or by email at email@example.com.
Global Entrepreneurship Week, according to its website, is “the world’s largest celebration of the innovators and job creators who launch startups that bring ideas to life, drive economic growth and expand human welfare.”
Minnesota State Mankato, a comprehensive university with 14,712 students, is part of the Minnesota State system, which comprises 31 state institutions.