News HighlightsPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/news/read/?id=old-1523050601&paper=topstories
Minnesota State Mankato Dance Selected Again for Kennedy Center Performance
University's Department of Dance selected for nationals for fourth time in past five Kennedy Center adjudications.
Minnesota State University, Mankato Department of Theatre and Dance News Release, 3-27-2018
MANKATO – Once again, Minnesota State University, Mankato received the American College Dance Association conference’s highest honor with selection for a Kennedy Center performance in Washington, D.C.
This marks the fourth time in the last five Kennedy Center adjudications that Minnesota State Mankato Dance has been selected for nationals, an accomplishment not shared by any other school in the region.
This year’s North-Central Regional Conference of the American College Dance Association was held at the University of Wisconsin-Madison from March 21-25.
- Forty-seven dances were adjudicated from 26 schools, including institutions outside our region from California, Illinois and Wyoming.
- Twelve dances were awarded placement into the Gala Concert, including both dances from MSU Dance: “Substance” and “Peek.”
- Additionally, “Peek” was awarded the honor of invitation to perform at the National Dance Conference, held at the Kennedy Center this coming June.
- “Peek” was choreographed by Daniel Stark and dancers Rachel Dreist, Mitchell Evans, Megan Fleiner, Kayla Johnson, Brooke Kiehl, Regina Lombardo, Leah Lunstrum, Regan O'Connor, Kaitlin O'Neill, Abby Okoneski, Morgan Olson, Emily Sweeny, Junior Vang and Mio Yoshizaki.
- “Substance” was choreographed by Abby Okoneski, who also performed the piece.
Contact Amanda Dyslin at 507-389-6663, or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.