GoalsPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/newstudent/seminar/goals.html
The main goals of First Year Seminar are to promote further development of student success skills, such as reading, writing and speaking in order to help students gain intellectual confidence, build in the expectation of academic success, and to provide assistance in making the transition to the University.
With the help of the course students will be able to:
- Experience higher personal expectations of his/her ability to meaningfully participate in academic life.
- Define and give examples of critical thinking.
- Interact with other students regarding academic matters.
- Affirm that careful thinking is an important aspect of the educational process.
- Make a comfortable transition to college life.