Financial Aid & ScholarshipsPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/nontrad/financialaid.html
The program is designed to provide support and assistance to nontraditional students. Some services provided include assistance with financial aid, re-entry paperwork, registration, leadership development, nontraditional student programs, and child care referrals. For more information please visit the Financial Aid website or explore the options listed on the Women's Center Scholarships webpage that are also geared toward nontraditional college students in general.
A variety of scholarships and grants are available for nontraditional students at Minnesota State University, Mankato. For more information please visit the Scholarships website. You can also utilize free web scholarship searches by clicking here. Minnesota State University does not endorse any particular scholarship search company, but provides the link as a service and reference for students.
Scholarships for Nontraditional Students
- List - Information from CollegeScholarships.org
- Grant Programs for Adult College Students at collegescholarships.org/grants/adult.htm
- List - Information from WomenInGovernment.org
- Free scholarship searches
- Veteran's scholarship - http://www.bookoo.com/military-scholarships.jsp
- Women over 35 y/o:
Jeannette Rankin Foundation Scholarship Program and their Homepage www.rankinfoundation.org
Individual Scholarships and Grants
Women's Center Scholarships
The Women's Center provides a number of scholarships ranging from $300 to $2000. For more information please visit the Women's Center Scholarships webpage.
American Association of University Women Scholarship
Many non-traditional and returning women who would like to attend college are inhibited by high costs and the strain imposed on an already tight budget. The Mankato branch of The American Association of University Women recognizes the need of these adult returning women and has developed a local fund to ease the financial burden of an undergraduate education. Click Here for the application.
Zonta International offers a $5000 scholarship for women majoring in business fields. There is also a $1000 scholarship awarded at the regional level. Women pursuing a business or business-related degree who demonstrate outstanding potential in the field are eligible. Undergraduate and graduate students are eligible. Undergraduates must have completed 2 years (i.e. be entering their 3rd year). See application for additional details. Deadline: June 1. Application info can be reached via www.zontamankato.org
Mary Jane Young Undergraduate Scholarship for Re-Entry Women
These scholarships are for $1,500 each. The number of awards varies from year to year.The deadline for this scholarship is April 25, 2012.
Re-entry, single women (over 25) with custody of children; or re-entry, married women who have delayed their own education (10 yrs. or more) to raise a family with an inadequate income of their own, from their husband's income, or their husband's income make them ineligible for other financial aid. Full-time undergraduate student in any major attending MSU both fall and spring semesters 2012-2013, prior completion of 30 semester credits, or transfer credits.
How to apply:
1. Print and fill out the Mary Jane Young Scholarship Form.
2. Write an essay about how this scholarship will financially help you continue your education; why you wish to re-enter college to continue your education; and what goals you may have for your future.
3. Include two letters of recommendation (one must be from a faculty member).
4. Include an unofficial copy of your college transcripts.
COPLAN DONAHUE SINGLE PARENT SCHOLARSHIP
How to apply:
1. Print and fill out the Coplan Donohue Single Parent Scholarship Form.
2. Write an essay about yourself describing your family; why you are working to obtain a degree; describe your parenting philosophy; list your work experience related to your major; and describe your plans for the future.
3. Include three reference letters addressing your capabilities as a student and/or single- parent responsibilities.
4. Include an unofficial copy of your college transcripts
Scholarships for Men