Academic ExcellencePage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/prospective/programs/
Quality, choice, research opportunities for undergraduates, and successful alumni distinguish our academic programs.
Nationally Acclaimed Academics
Whatever your big ideas, Minnesota State University, Mankato is the ideal place to make them into real-world solutions. With more than 130 programs of study, there's bound to be a perfect fit for you.
Perhaps you know exactly what program you want to study. Or maybe you're still undecided and want to explore your options. Either way, you'll find what you're looking for at Minnesota State Mankato.
Our excellent and nationally and internationally recognized academic programs will help you meet your professional goals while fostering your personal growth and preparing you for a lifetime of learning. You'll have the opportunity to conduct meaningful research. You'll experience a balanced mix of theory and direct application as you prepare for success in a nurturing environment filled with energy, talent and diversity.
Accomplished and supportive faculty will challenge you to higher levels of thought and action. We'll help take your education beyond the classroom, too, with real-world experiences like internships and meaningful research. You'll gain both practical skills and the broad base of knowledge that today's employers demand.
Questions about a particular program? Simply contact us and we'll connect you to a faculty member who can talk about your area of interest.
Groundbreaking, Real–world Research
Undergraduate Research at Minnesota State Mankato
Cutting-edge research in state-of-the-art facilities is one of the hallmarks of Minnesota State Mankato. Many of our undergraduate research opportunities rival those at major research universities, but in a setting where you'll quickly feel comfortable and where the focus is on solving real-world problems.
You'll find the research that faculty and students conduct every day at Minnesota State Mankato is not only groundbreaking but can often be applied immediately to daily life, bettering the lives of people around the world.
With a tradition of students and faculty working together, the Minnesota State Mankato research style is personal and student-centered, with unlimited research opportunities, all under the guidance of faculty who are often national and international leaders in their fields.
Opportunities to excel
You'll have the opportunity to integrate theory, research and application in small classes, labs and seminars, all taught by dedicated and respected scholars. You'll be able to take your research to the next level, too, through opportunities like our signature Undergraduate Research Symposium, a prestigious event that showcases the type of faculty–student collaboration you'll get at Minnesota State Mankato.
Going beyond what they thought possible
Graduates of Minnesota State Mankato become part of a proud tradition, joining a growing network of over 100,000 successful alumni. It’s no surprise our alumni are respected and accomplished and go on to excel in their fields. They are professors, community leaders, business executives, award-winning artists, and scientists living out their big dreams in the real world.
Here are just a few:
- Glen Taylor, '62 and Comfrey, Minn., native, is one of the nation's most successful entrepreneurs and owner of the NBA's Minnesota Timberwolves.
- Allan Lenzmeier, class of 1965 and a New Prague, Minn., native, is president and chief operating officer of Best Buy Company, the nation's largest volume specialty retailer of name-brand consumer electronics, personal computers, entertainment software and appliances. He leads a team of more than 90,000 employees.
- Susan Adams Loyd, class of 1991, is a former ClearChannel Executive of the Year and is currently the general manager of WCCO-TV in Minneapolis.
- Lou Bellamy, class of 1967, founded the nation's premier black theatre, Penumbra, in his hometown of St. Paul.
- Robyn Waters, class of 1975, is a former vice president of trend, design and product development for Target stores and now an independent trend consultant.
- Andy Welti, class of 2003, was elected to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2004, and is currently serving his second term as the youngest of member of the state legislature.
- Dennis Miller, class of 1982, is the former president and CEO of Midwest Wireless. He grew the fledgling telecommunications company into one of the nation's largest independent regional wireless carriers.
- Brad Nessler, class of 1977, is a national sportscaster for ABC & ESPN.
- Lee Edwards, class of 1981, is the homicide commander for the Minneapolis Police Department.
- Curtis Enderle, class of 1987, is an Emmy® Award-winning artist.