shortcut to content
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Minnesota State University, Mankato

Getting An Audit

Page address:

There are three ways that students can obtain audits:

  • order their own via the web
  • request an audit at the Campus Hub
  • request an audit at their department or advising center

Ordering an Audit Via the Web

Obtaining an audit on the web is done by logging into the Minnesota State web system at


How do I view, print, save, or email my DARS Report?
Viewing your DARS Report:
  1. Login to E-services
  2. Select Academic Records from the menu on the left side of the page
  3. Select the sub-menu Degree Audit Portal
  4. Select the link at the top of the page Click here to access Degree Audit Self-Service (login to u.achieve with StarID and Password)
  5. Select the Run Declared Programs button 
  6. Select the View Audit link under the View column
Printing your DARS Report:
  1. Complete the six steps listed above
  2. Select the Printer Friendly option (on the right side, under the graphs) and print the page
Saving your DARS Report:
  1. Complete the six steps listed in the first section above
  2. Right-click in the browser page and select the save option. For example, in Firefox select "Save Page As..." or in Chrome select "Save as..."
Emailing your DARS Report:
  1. Complete the steps listed above in the Saving section 
  2. Locate the file you saved and attach it in the email.
The audit that a student obtains via the web is based solely upon the degree program information on file for that student in the records system. If a student has multiple majors on file, multiple audits will be produced--one for each major.

Ordering an Audit at the Campus Hub, the Student's Department, or an Advising Center

Students can approach either the Campus Hub, the department of their major, or an advising center and request an audit. When doing this the student should give the information necessary for the audit to be run:

  • tech ID
  • degree program (BS in Mathematics with a minor in Psychology, for example)
  • catalog year being followed

If the student gives no information other than their tech ID or gives the same information that is on file in the records system, they will received the same audit that would be produced via the web.

A student can give different information than what is on file in order to obtain an audit showing how their courses would be applied to a different degree program and/or catalog. Thus, students can "pretend" to have a different major or "pretend" to be following a different catalog, for purposes of investigating a different program. This "pretending" process in no way changes any of their information on file.  To actually change their degree program information, students should contact their department.

Students can also request a general education audit.  This audit only shows information pertaining to general education and contains no information about majors or minors.

Questions concerning transfer work should be directed to

the Transfer Evaluation Department

room:  WA 132; phone:  389-5265

Questions concerning DARS should be directed to