Grade ChangesPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/registrar/gradechanges.html
When a change of grade is needed for a class on a student's record, the instructor of the class submits the information to the Office of the Registrar via E-Services/Grade Change.
Grade changes are governed by the following rules:
- They must arrive in the Office of the Registrar via E-Services/Grade Change.
- In extenuating circumstances a Change of Grade form, properly signed by the instructor and the department chair, may be used.
- Department chairs can authorize change of grades in the absence of the instructor by signing the official paper grade change form and submitting it to the Office of the Registrar.
- Changes are accepted up to two calendar years from the original term of enrollment of the course.
- Changes will be accepted for
- I's (Incomplete)
- IP's (In Progress)
- Z's (grade unknown)
- Errors in the calculation of the original grade
- Incomplete/In Progress/Z grades that were converted to F or NC
Grade changes are not accepted for situations involving grades of W.
Instructors cannot have a grade change processed that would change a grade of W into some other grade. Having a W grade for a course signifies that the course has been dropped (withdrawn) after a certain point in time in a term. The course is no longer part of a student's registered courses for that term. Therefore, the student would need to contact the Registration Help Center for assistance in becoming registered again for that course.
Instructors cannot have a grade change processed that would change any grade into a grade of W--this action would be essentially giving the instructor the ability to drop (withdraw) a student from a class. If there are such situations, the student should contact the Registration Help Center for assistance in this matter.
In either of the two cases above, students are dealing with registration situations and initiate any possible changes by filing registration appeals.
Normal processing time for a grade change is one week.