Position DescriptionPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/reslife/employment/full_time_hall_director/fthdjob.html
The Hall Director serves an important leadership role in creating an environment and experience that intentionally contributes to the academic and personal success of each residence hall student in support of the mission of Residential Life.
Responsibilities of the Hall Director include:
- supervise and train student staff to deliver an effective residence hall program in an area of approximately 200-400 students;
- implement initiatives and programs that support students' academic and personal success;
- serve as a conduct hearing officer;
- interact daily with students for many purposes including community development, conflict resolutions, helping skills, resource connection, student issues and crisis, etc.;
- and involvement in department and University committees and department policy/procedure formation.
- Master's Degree in College Student Personnel or related field (prior to start of employment).
- Note: A minimum of 10 months full-time experience (post bachelor's and prior to start of employment) in Residential Life or related student affairs area may be substituted for master's degree.
- Demonstrated supervision experience.
- Knowledge of residence hall student issues.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and interpersonal.
- Demonstrated initiative and experience with community development.
- Excellent administrative skills including an ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
- Experience with the student conduct process (hearing officer, conduct board advisor/member) in a University setting.
- Demonstrated experience in effective conflict resolution.
Each Hall Director reports to an Area Director. Hall Directors supervise between 6-8 Community Advisors.