Position Description and QualificationsPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/reslife/employment/program_advisor/pdasojob.html
The Residence Hall Program Advisor and Summer Operations Coordinator (Program Advisor) provides leadership in the advising of all aspects of the Residence Hall Association and the National Residence Hall Honorary and providing on-going training to Residential Life staff in their work with community councils. The Program Advisor is responsible for creating and supporting intentionally structured residence hall leadership development activities including a no-credit leadership class/experience and a student leadership conference; serving as a liaison to MSSA and Student Activities, and coordinating RHA representation at department and university functions. Additionally, the Program Advisor manages all aspects of the Residential Life summer conference, guest housing, and preseason housing program in collaboration with other departments within the Division of Student Affairs and the University and serves as liaison with all conference groups. (LIVE-ON: Negotiable)
- Experience in training and empowering individual students and groups.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in applying student leadership theory/practices.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in student leadership program development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and interpersonal.
- Demonstrated supervision experience.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
- Demonstrated skill in developing and implementing summer conference programs.
The Program Advisor and Summer Operations Coordinator reports to the Associate Director. The Program Advisor and Summer Operations Coordinator supervises between 6-8 Summer Conference Staff.