Our Mission & Students
Page address: https://www.mnsu.edu/reslife/employment/studentsandprograms.html
The Department of Residential Life facilitates students’ academic and personal success by providing educational opportunities and convenient accommodations.
Students and Programs
- We house nearly 2,900 residents in five residence communities.
- Historically, approximately 85% of first year students live on campus.
- Nearly 40% of our students are first generation college students.
- Our Academic Success Coordinator graduate assistant provides additional and intentional academic support to students living on campus.
- Our Learning Community program, currently housed in both McElroy and Preska Residence Communities (will be expanding to Crawford in 2016-2017), provides an opportunity for first year students to co-enroll in three classes and live on the same residence hall floor.
- Community members agree on floor standards and complete roommate agreements.
- Student leadership opportunities include RHA, NRHH, and floor government roles. Community Advisor, and Learning Community Coordinator positions are additional student leadership opportunities.